I seem to have hit a weight-loss plateau

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by notime4schwag, Sep 27, 2011.

1. #1 notime4schwag, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    I weighed 260 lbs about a year ago and I was steadily losing weight until I hit 225 lbs at the end of the July and I seem to be stuck there. My workout routine consists primarily of lifting a few days a week and mixing in cardio. I've been running a few days a week lately.

Any suggestions on how to switch things up? I want to get down to about 210, or whatever weight I need to be fully ripped.

2. Clean up your diet; that's all it comes down to.

3. Do you have a severely restricted diet?

If so take a week or two break from your diet, and eat a lot more; don't worry you won't gain much extra weight back from this, especially if you continue exercising (don't increase though).

4. This THIS THIS!

5. why? never would have thought of that

6. If he's on a severely restricted calorie diet, or doing more cardio than his calorie intake allows...his metabolism has probably been compromised and has slowed tremendously.

To reverse this, a slight overfeeding of calories is needed.

7. I'm not on a severely restricted diet, and I don't count calories either. My diet is mostly eating lean and healthy foods 80% of the time, with two or three crappy meals mixed in per week.

8. If you've been doing this for a while though, you're BMR would still adjust to this new routine. So you either need to further restrict your diet (I would not recommend) or increase your diet for 1-2 weeks then bring it back down.

That's just the way I see it; I can't see there being anything else that would keep you from losing weight.

9. Ok so if I eat crappy for a week or two should I still work out during that time?

10. On average, how much do you eat in a day?

11. On average, three meals, and a mini-meal or snack.

12. i say do P90X. that shit burns through fat like nuts.

13. Just keep doing what ever you're doing, but increase you're diet; don't increase the intensity of the workout (I know it's tempting).

14. Sir, nuts contain a very high amount of fat.

15. #15 dariolovesdeb, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    How big are your meals? Just wondering because even though you said you were not on a calorie restricted diet, guys on here are telling you to increase your caloric intake.