I see the world

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ... and the poll.

2. They can't hide the truth with the media, it's all right in front of us.

3. The truth is within us.

4. I second that, my recent use of the psychedelics prove to be that the mind is probably the best teacher, seeing as its there to better ourselves, no other motives to get in the way.

5. True, spirituality is about finding the spirit within ourselves.

Transcend It-Self.

6. I see the world from my perspective.

I'm not sure what you mean by seeing the world it is as it is on television? The "television" isn't a single entity with one point of view.

7. Let me put it to you this way: do you watch this shit?

8. I see the world as I think it is. :)

And I don't watch the "shit" on TV, its not even very interesting to me. :p

9. I watch the news and I have to laugh. It's all one huge show. Everyone is wearing a mask. Everyone is trying to get you to believe in them. Everyone's rushing around trying to be the most powerful, richest, intelligent, etc. I see the world as it is. It's a floating ball of space junk and we're some of the creatures that live on it. Don't worry about the threats of wars, the economy, politics, and whtever. Just EXIST.

10. What's some TV shit that's not shit?

11. Planet Earth?

Anything that you find meaningful; maybe a show you relate to? Could even be a comedy, or a drama; if it stimulates you positively..

i don't believe that everything on TV is fake.

12. #12 bkadoctaj, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
    Commercials? Just distractions?

Hmm... hang on a sec, my life's on commercial break.

13. On a side note, I voted on your poll and then I was redirected to a thread in the grower's forum from here. It was weird.

14. Yeah, this is the second bkadoctaj poll that's happened with. Not sure what the issue is...

15. I watch some television, yes, but don't "see the world" through it.

Do you see the world through the opinions you read on GrassCity? Or do you see it through your own eyes?

16. Oh you drink? I bet you respond to alcohol like you do to weed since it's a drug. /sarcasm

The real world doesn't need commercials, but it has them.

17. My parents at home always muted the ads and we'd just sit around talking about shit. And I know that even subconsciously they work on you..

I was having a thought today, when i was stuck in traffic looking at a big billboard for one of the two main telecommunications companies in NZ..the thought being, about how, even though the billboard didn't appeal to me (it had some boring statement), it still stuck in my mind, and that even though I didn't think positively about it, it was still in my mind and I would remember it.

Dude, me too. I thought I was just really baked and screwed something up, that's straaaange man...

18. That's because ads stick out. No wonder they catch our attention.

But it doesn't mean they have any true substance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwFziIBxkOQ"]YouTube - Incubus - Pardon Me[/ame]

19. What does my alcohol consumption have to do with anything?

The world doesn't need passive aggressiveness either, but it has it! :rolleyes:

20. You used the word, I was just using it out of convenience. :p

TV shows what the viewer wishes, it plays into the fantasies and delusions with such accuracy.
    Do you think that is not intentional?