I saw the simpsons movie last nite

Discussion in 'General' started by Serious Eric, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ....must.....see......simpsons movie!

I hate movie theatres though:( guess I'll just have to deal with it

2. Im an avid simpsons fan, and i went into the theater expecting to be disapointed.
    That movie was completely satisfying, and i cant complain about any aspect of it.
    Im completely satisfied with the simpsons movie. I also really liked how the animation was a mix between 3-d and 2-d.

Im gonna get baked and see it again. (after a few days)

spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does :hello:

3. Growing up I was an avid Simpsons fan. I had all the Simpsons gear and everything. The Simpsons began to go down right after Conan o'brien stopped writing for the show around the year 2000. I'm sorry but this was not that material of "old" simpsons but was rather drawn out material and at many times, scenes were too desperate for laughs such as the "to be continued"- so unecessary. Too many things lead to nothing such as the random trip to Alaska and Lisa's love affair. I actually thought the Lisa love affair was cute and the way she acted but it pissed me off as it led to nothing. Barts skateboard scene was a definate classic. The supporting cast didn't deliver like they usually do in the episodes except of course Otto!!! Haha I fucking loved that. There was too little Moe, Apu, and Ralph. That spider pig thing is not even that funny to me but it seemed like that was the focal point of the movie. Matt Groening continues to milk this franchise of every penny instead of letting perhaps the greatest show on TV to RIP. I was actually expecting this movie to be great but came out a bit dissapointed given the fact I paid $9.25. It was a refreshing movie but I just didn't get that 'trip down to memory lane" like I was expecting.

4. i thought it was alright. though, im not a simpsons fan to begin with, so there ya go. :D

5. This was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a while.

6. I think he was joking, that's a catchphrase a character uses on the show.

DPWattack, it sounds like you didnt want to enjoy it. I liked it, it had a good balance between the characters and plot. Not to mention the hundreds of "in jokes" spread all through out the movie (like the crashed ambulance near springfield george).

Oh well, i'll be gone for a week, so any flaming wont reach me for a while.

Toodles! :wave:

7. Where were you hoping it would go? They're only 8. They found each other at the end and walked off holding hands, didn't they? Not like they were going to get it on or get married. :laughing:

8. Save that for the sequel

9. I'll probably see it monday i saw the trailer for the first time when i went to see the new die hard movie and my first thought was that i am seeing that a soon as possible.

10. Did you guys stay around through the credits to hear lisa's first words?

or till the very very end were the "squeky voiced teenager" had a cameo

... im high now so if anything is spelled wrong or dosent make sense thats why

11. I havent been to the Theatres in years........ But I'll definetly go to see this movie. its long overdue.

12. Saw it opening night and it was pretty damn funny. One of my favorite funny movies. (It is the Simpsons so I didn't expect to be disappointed)

13. Yeah, we did. But that wasn't Maggie's first word. Her first word was in an episode and it was "Daddy". Elizabeth Taylor did the voice. :cool:

14. yea i stay till the end too. but Marge refers to it as her first word, cuz if you remember in teh episode: Maggie's first word, she says "daddy" when no one else is around. so for the family, it's her first word.

ive waited long enough... this is what i didnt like (not that i didnt like it, but it didnt satisfy me)... I wish the "eagle" had wounded homer while taking off his clothes. I wish homer drank a duff at somepoint. I wish maggie fell down while walking. I wish Colin (Lisa's crush) was killed off, or resolved to another ending. (i hope he's there in the 19th season cuz i enjoy consistency... although in that case, Dr. Nick must be gone forever). I dont like green day, but the opening scene itself was great! Another thing.... there wasnt enough involvment (lines) of the "Springfieldians" and there were a couple other small little things, but otherwise one of the best movies ever.

Anywho... ive seen it three times, and now im gonna see it for a fourth. I may see it in a couple weeks, but i need a break. startin to wear down it's full potential.

E

15. oh hell fuckin yeah im pumped for that shit everywhere i've read it's some hillarious shit

16. I saw it. I already have it on dvd :-D Its the fucking greatest movie ever. It bugged me they put otto smoking the bong in like the last 5 minutes kind of randomly.

Other than that, GREATEST MOVIE EVER.

17. i want 1,000s off tough guys and even more soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher and i want them in this order tough tough tough soft tought soft soft tough tough sofft softt tough tough tough softt sofft
    sir uve gone made

that was the funniest shit ever haha

18. i saw it first day it came out, theatre was fuckin packed. it was pretty funny and im a huge simpsons fan (just the older episodes, new ones suck). i wasnt high when i saw it but im going to see it tomorrow night baked off my ass :hello:

19. Seen it four times now. I love it!... liek i said before i need some time off. gonna wait like a week or two and catch it one more time on the big-screen. It's such a good film. Cheers to the simpsons!

Eric

20. Hell yea.....greatest movie!