I rooted my Android. Now what??

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by big_rudy101, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Right right...
    Yeahh I know. I found a guide and said "fuck it, Ill just follow this thing"
    It worked. I mean, the phone is fine. Just the whole gapps thing. And now I cant get it to connect to my laptop. Like, by plugging it in. So that I can install gapps. And ROM manager.

I have ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1

When I hold the power button, I have the option to "wipe data and factoryreset"

will this get my phone back to the original OS?
    If I could, Id like to start over and do it right.

But, it probably isnt that easy. lol

2. That will only wipe the data you have installed since you flashed the ROM, Just use clockwork to open your first back up. Hopefully you made one before you tried flashing anything. Always make sure you have a clean and stable starting point that way as you add ROMs, Kernels, and add ons it is easy to work your way backward.

3. I dunno man. You should be able to flash the .sbf for your phones original stock to get it back to being unrooted. You can't revert back per se, because I am guessing you didn't clockwork backup either...

Just keep researching... I don't know. I was 100% sure before I did anything to my phone.

4. I was up til 6:30 in the morning last night. After i reset it, I was in a recovery loop. It was semi bricked.
    Got it fixed though.

Got gapps.

I'm gonna quit fucking with it for a while lol.
    I had some close calls last night.

5. Yup. Bricking and failure are 2 other things you're bound to do when rooting. I had plenty of problems over the year. There is a lot on rooting, and a lot that can go wrong, and jst tons of variations, because it is just constantly changing.

Usually that's why I don't give out help on rooting, you really need to know what you're doing, plus you need to be pretty apt with a computer,.

Trust me, if you research enough, you will eventually figure it out. It's so worth it.

6. Phone worked fine this morning.

Now I cant send or recieve texts.
    And when I try to make a call, I get "your account could not be validated"

Im pretty sure this has something to do with virgin mobiles shitty set up.

It doesnt have anything to do with rooting it. Does it?

I mean, since I got it going right last saturday night, its worked great.
    Until now.

7. Ah. CM7 does not really like to play nice with some carriers. Virgin Mobile being one of them.

You need to look up an APN fix for your phone. You might even want to try re flashing.

CM ROMs are difficult to work with for some phones, especially the more obscure prepaid ones. I'd look into an AOSP ROM or perhaps MIUI.

I recently flashed MIUI on my Samsung Galaxy SII and I will never go back to another AOSP ROM

8. Ahhhhh. You dont say?
    I was bummed, man. Millions of people rooting these damn things. Why do I get blacklisted?
    Called up VM today. Talked to 3 different arabs. Obviously they could do nothing to help.

Im gonna unroot it tomorrow night. Kick the dirt. And just let it be.
    Bummer.

9. What is ICSandwich 2.3.7? Is the MIUI version? Or is it a Gingerbread ROM with an ICS theme?

Ice cream sandwich is Android 4.0

10. all you really need is too download the gameboy emulator and play pokemon on your phone

11. Back to stock.
    Well, its still rooted.
    But its running the stock ROM.

Still cant make calls or texts.
    But the virgin mobile activation screen now comes up. It didnt before. Which was a big road block when I called up VM and asked them to re program it.

Call em up tomorrow and get it fixed.

It sucks. Only got to use it for one day. But, what can ya do.
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

12. I dont know if they're gonna willingly fix a phone that was broken and broke warranty when you broke it... But good luck anyways...

I still suggest research, you can fix it yourself....

RSD Lite, sbf flash stock software for phone, and you will be back to normal...

Plenty of tutorials out there man, just gotta put the research in. Try "unrooting ____phone" first. Or "how to ___phone". If you can't do it, I doubt the techs at Virgin Wireless will give a shit that you broke your phone trying to root.

13. I have a 2gb data limit on my Droid and the week before my bill resets I have to stop using data because I almost go over. My question is if I root my fone do I still have to worry about data ?

14. Of course you do, you are using a wireless phone. Where did you read that you wouldn't have to worry about data? Not even iphones with their magical free-app jailbreaking methods allow you to counteract data charges.

15. whenever you can - connect to wifi, routers, tethering or clouds (if you can use them that way) and use like your home broadband to circumvent mobile data usage... i dont have an internet plan on my phone atm, so thats the only way i get internet!

16. I didnt tell them I rooted it.
    And its still rooted.. I tried to unroot it though superoneclick but it wouldnt..
    Back to 2.2.1. ...unfortuantly. I already hate it.

Im gonna do some research tonight on some stuff.
    If worst comes to absolute worst, Ill switch back to my rumor touch.
    And use the optimus like an iTouch or something.

We'll see. Who knows, maybe Ill come across something that will give me the best of both worlds.

17. Nothing has changed for me

18. Ha! Ha! Too funny. The things you do when you are high. You could have easily destroyed it doing it wrong. Saw a friend mess his up for life. Told him to get high before he started.