I really want to join the army

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Sep 26, 2013.

1. I really want to join the army because you make a lot of money and have a lot of benefits.

But the thing stopping me is that I wont be able to do simple things on my days off.. like driving to the park to smoke weed or go chill with friends, etc.

I feel like I wont have a lot of free time ):

Is this true? I like being a civilian..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you join, it really is not a good idea to try and continue smoking. :smoke:

3. I thought you were already in the military?

Don't. The wars the current administration is trying to start will get you killed for the wrong reasons. 

5. @[member="Jeffersong808"] LMAO, who told you they make a lot of money? The recruiter?

6. Just say no man, just say no.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Bro you can't smoke and yeah you will have a little bit of free time to yourself and although its possible to get in the chances of you getting caught are really high and then you face a general discharge which will make it hard to get a regular job once your out and you will have to pay off any money they gave you as bonus or for school..trust its rarely worth it

For my birthday buy me a politician

8. No, I was in, you make shit money. The only way it's a lot is if you don't spend any, since your housing and shitty food are provided.

Also I lost friends to a pointless war. You will get caught eventually if you smoke. Other drugs you can get away with in moderation at the beginning of a weekend or pass.

Bottom line is don't join. Feel free to ask me questions.

That sounds so depressing :(
    OP, don't do it.

10. I wanted to join, but they wouldn't let me in cause I had a tattoo on my hand. Good luck trying to find me next time a draft happens fuckers. 

you make a lot of money?

12. Yeah, it first happened 9 days in to a year long deployment. Killed whatever bright spin we were trying to put on the whole thing immediately. That was 2011-2012 in Afghanistan.

I also went to iraq 07-08 another pointless war, but I was younger and more idealistic... Stuff didn't hit me as hard then

That's fucked up. Having lived through civil war/'the troubles' as a kid, I know how fucked up the effects of war are. I'm sorry you lost your friends like that :(

My bf served in the army here, but thankfully because we're a neutral country, our army only does UN peacekeeping missions.

14. everyone i know who joined the army, came back married, got divorced and are in a worse financial state now than before they enlisted.

15. ^ true, was in the marines not army but all the above is true. 

16. That is nice (the peacekeeping stuff) where is "here?" Also where did you grow up? I'm assuming Africa our south east Asia somewhere?

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hahaha.
    No, I'm Irish. When I was a kid, every fucking day there was a bombing/shooting of some sort over Northern Ireland. People dying for stupid, stupid reasons.

I'll never forget the tears of joy in my dad's eyes when the peace process went through.

18. #18 Doc-J, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    Join the reserves. Still get the gi bill and training for your mos, but you only go one weekend a month and two weeks in summer. Less chance of deployment, but if you do go for six months you can get housing allowance while using your gi bill. My buddy does it, and still smokes one or two weekends a month.

19. Why join the army? Why agree to kill people? Come on, man. Continue your peaceful life as a chill pot smoker. 

20. #20 Kush Ambitionz, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    I wanted to join too, but they said I needed a high school diploma, apparently Geds don't work unless you go to college

Honestly what really stopped me is that you need to be really commited to that shit. Your obligated to serve 8 years for them, I said hellllllll no fuck that noise. Do it if you really want to, or you want a career outta it, not for some extra money. And if smoke u bud there they'll kick ur ass out and that'll look terrible on ur record.