Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I really need a break.. but I just can't do it. How do you take a break from pot??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by funfare, Jun 7, 2012.

1. I love weed (as we all do) but I really feel like I need a break. Problem is, after about 5 years of smoking on a daily basis, taking a break is easier said than done. I'm A LOT less social, I don't take guitar as seriously as I once did (doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is when you make a living as a musician), I find myself feeling awkward when I'm not doing anything awkward... Hard to explain. It might not even be the weed, but I feel like everything is best in moderation.

Bottom line is, I'm thinking about joining the marines or navy, and I gotta stop smokin. But every morning I wake up and see my lovely bong. Can't resist. And I don't want to sell it, because I don't wanna quit smoking. Just take a break.

Just to make it extra difficult, all my friends smoke and usually use my house cuz my parents are chill and I have a nice piece.

How do I take a break from smoking without losing my lifestyle?

2. you just stop. its not crack. you'll be fine

3. yeah, I'm with ya brother... best thing is to just keep busy. Once you get past the first day it becomes surprisingly easy. Just do something interesting.

4. Thats what most people are sayin, I know its not addictive... It's just so habitual at this point that I just don't think about it. I wake up and smoke a bowl like the average person pours a cup of coffee. I have lots of hobbies and other things to do, but my gf smokes, my friends smoke, my parents smoke... It's all around me and I can't escape it (unless i move away from here).

I quit cigarettes cold turkey when I was 16. It was easy, cigs are disgusting. But pot is magical, and I don't wanna rid myself from it... Just take a break. I don't know why it's so hard. I've been sayin it for about a year now, and I haven't done a damn thing about it. I almost wanna go camping for a week and "forget to bring the pot". I feel its the only way.

5. It's not hard.

Not that I know, I mean...I haven't quit in five years.:cool:

6. I cant quit if I have weed in my house I just smoke the shit out of it till im dry. Then just dont buy any lol. Find other things to dostract you. Go for walks. Hang with people. Get a hobby for a few weeks. I know hitting the bong is my favorite hobby, but you gotta find something to replace it. After day 3 its a piece of cake tho

7. I put away my smoking utensils
    Don't buy weed from my dealer
    ???
    Profit!!!

8. As a musician with a similar lifestyle I think I've got some advice.
    You said that you feel like you don't take guitar as seriously as before. If you decide to take a break, whenever you feel like smoking, go practice your instrument. Not only will you keep busy and get your mind off smoking, You'll learn tons of songs and begin to spend more and more time practicing.

9. You need some crack rocks my friend. You'll never look at weed again

10. Sounds like it's time to familiarize yourself with hard liquor. :hello:

11. i say the camping and 'fogetting to bring the weed' is an epic idea! bring a tent, your friends, your gf, go out in nature, sure it would be better stoned, but bring a couple packs of beers and have yourself a good time, its a good tolerance break for your friends as well.

otherwise, if you really cant get past the first day, as others have said, just slowly cut down on your smoking. if you smoke a bowl 5 times a day, then toimorrow you should only smoke 4, see how you feel, the next day smoke four again, then smoke 3, just go down gradually, never go back up, until youre down to one bowl a day before sleeping or waking up or whatever, then the next day jst tell yourself not to smoke, put your bong away or something. or use the gradual smoking to finsih your stash. give yourself a sober week, see how you feel.

i just went cold turkey, i was pretty much high 24/7 which wasnt ideal in the circumstances of the time. i cut back to one joint a day before school and it was good! then after a week of that i told myself to stop because A. its expensive where i am, and B. i needed a tolerance break.

youll see life is completely different 100% sober and youll be able to appreciate it in different ways. hope this helps somehow. just try brother!

12. The camping is a great idea. Whenever I take a break I try and make sure that I go do stuff where it will be impossible to get bud and it makes it a lot easier. It sure beats sitting at home thinking about buying some all day.

13. Best way for me to take t-breaks is to go on a vacation somewhere w/o bud! And let one of your buddies borrow your bong for a week. You'll be making your buddy happy, and helping yourself!

14. Its a good idea:smoke:

15. Put the pipe down son.

Really, just fill your day with things to do. Maybe have a cig or beer before you pass out. But after the first day or two you won't even notice my dude :wave:

Only thing that gets me is sleep, sometimes.

16. I'm sorry, but if you need to start smoking cigarettes and drinking to quit weed.. you have mental problems.

17. don't be such a pussy its weed

18. Thanks for the good advise GC. I'm not quitting drinking haha.... Thats got nothin to do with it. Cold turkey is they way to go. Tomorrow I will have a sesh and smoke the rest of my stash with my buddies (and my pops) and after that it's break time.

Post your best stuff in the stash jar, I want something to look forward to when the hiatus is over!

19. you can't dude its too late

20. Distract yourself with games, exercise, music, something. Chill with friends who don't smoke or won't smoke around you.

If you can see it, you can achieve it. Weed will always be around. A break once in a while is healthy. The first few days will be the hardest...so keep busiest then.

I've inadvertently been on break for 24 days now. This is the longest I've gone in over a year. It feels good. My mind feels "clear". :)