I really like this girl but shes far away?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by dougstanhope, Sep 22, 2013.

1. So basically I met this girl and got her number my last day at work before leaving for college. We've been talking pretty often over these past 2 months but I haven't seen her in person since that day. The thing is, I think I really like her. I love her personality, she smokes weed, we have all the same interests in stuff, she's easy to talk to & she has an awesome sense of humor. Anyway, I set up a movie date in a few weeks (that's when I'm visiting home next) and I'm pretty excited for that.
    But my problem here is: this seems like it's going to be a difficult relationship to realistically pursue...based on the fact that I go to school hours away from where she lives. And this is a major bummer because I really really like her!
    Even if our date goes really well (which I fully expect it to), it'll be at least another month before I get to see her again. I mean, Winter break will be nice but then I'll be back up to school again for Spring. It seems like the odds of us becoming a couple are pretty low, but I don't want to give up on her altogether. Soo, I'm pretty much just looking for some good advice from you guys & girls. What do you think of my situation?

thanks for reading all this shit btw

2. exactly how far

3. dont date her. keep her as your side dish so youre good whenever you go home for breaks.

4. about 2 hours from my school. but she's only like 15 minutes away from my house

5. that's not far dude lol. if she's as perfect to you as you say she is, i say give it a shot.

6. it's just not very convenient to be driving 2 hours back & forth lol but yeah I feel you

7. 2 hours dude that isnt shit lol

8. Just smoke 4 joints on the way, and 4 joints on the ride back. No problem-o...  Shit I live in the sticks... have to drive 30-45 minutes to get anywhere.

9. That is far, at least to me. Heck I think 45 minutes is pushing it. But its not far enough to visit each other on a few weekends at least. 

Dude Id keep in contact and if its right something will happen eventually. 

10. you guys are some lazy mofo's if you think a 2 hour drive is too far 

11. oooo dabs he callin you ouuuuuut lol jk

nah but @[member="Dabs In Space"] its not like he's gonna drive to her everyday and he's only 15 min away when he's home so i don't see the prob

distance makes the heart grow fonder ~~~

12. and at that distance you can plow bitches at your school on the side without her knowing  :devious: lol im just fuckin around dont do that 

Probably true but its that and my car isnt 100% reliable 

Maybe its just me. Id never want a long distance relationship. Cant really knock it because I havent experience it but Id prefer to be closer . Especially at the start of a relationship like OP so they can get to know if the person is really worth the distance.

One of my friends goes to school on the east coast and his gf is over here in the west in so cal. They were together for a year before they were split and they have a pretty solid relationship.  So I know it can work.

But OP's situation he should get to know her more before anything. So maybe driving down for a day here and there wouldnt be so bad.

14. 2 hours that's alot and you have to waste gas? Two hours sitting your ass in a car?!

15. not a bad idea at all actually

16. Dude I used to drive six hours to see my gf. If you wanna be with her you'll do it