Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I really hate weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeliciousCake, Feb 13, 2010.

1. So yesterday I went to this awesome band with a friend and this guy I barely knew, but before going in the room we walked around and shared a joint. (without tobacco - I don't know if this is relevant but in France they use tobacco, which I don't like.. =/) Anyway it hit me as soon as we handed the guy our tickets, and already I was really paranoid that he noticed us.. so we went into the room and they were talking and asked me how it was and I couldn't say anything, I was like "I have no idea.. I'm.. I can't talk right now" and they laughed so it was ok.. but then all of a sudden I couldn't see straight or walk straight at all, everything was red.. so we went to the bathroom to get some water, I had to lean on him the whole way.. went into the bathroom and it felt like everyone was staring at me and probably talking about me, I felt like trash and like the worst thing in my life was finally happening to me, like it was all over.. Then I felt vaguely better and we went back to the room..

So we get back and the band still isn't there, and I'm intermittently hanging on to my friend (who sadly isn't my boyfriend, so it must've been really awkward, but I had to hang on to something) and sitting down, and it seems like hours.. and they FINALLY start playing. So I kept on hanging on to him and trying to say things but they couldn't understand me; everything felt horrible except for the music which was strangely beautiful, but all the paranoid feelings were really ruining it for me ... I had to sit down and couldn't really do anything at all, was STILL so scared that everyone could see me and that security was about to drag me out..

Then about two songs from the end I suddenly felt a little more clear-headed, and it was an awesome feeling, being more sober.. after the train ride home I felt completely normal except I couldn't keep with the conversation and concentrate on anything; it saddened me because before on the way there we'd really hit it off, and now I was extremely self-conscious. Really bad experience =/

I've tried weed a couple times before and it was never a pleasureable experience - I just got really shaky and felt dirty and paranoid and the air sort of vibrated, music seemed a bit better somehow, but that's it. Nothing like what I hear people describing. I kept on trying again because I thought somehow I was doing something wrong or got bad weed but.. I dunno. I'm going to stop if it goes on like this.

Sorry, looong post. Any advice? People who are high look so happy, why don't I get to feel the same way?

2. weed does things to people diffrent from orthers or might been some real good shit hard to say man

3. I don't think it was, it was kind of old..
    But yeah maybe..

Sorry for the double post, I thought the other message didn't get sent -__-

4. Well first of all weed does effect people differently as Icepop said, and some people don't like it. Also the next time you decide to smoke I would do it in a quiet place that isn't public. There is no worse feeling when you are high than being crazy paranoid. Until you become a little more used to the feeling of it I would try to do it in a place that you are comfortable with people that you are comfortable around, or by yourself for that matter. I actually prefer to smoke alone or maybe with one other person... I hate being around a bunch of high people that act stupid. But just make sure you are comfortable and not nervous before you smoke. You will have have a much better time.

I also used to hate weed. The first few times I ever tried it I got nauseous and felt like you described, almost drunk, couldn't see (except for me everything went black not red), couldn't walk. I didn't like it at all. Once you get used to it though it's just like anything else, and I love it now. I have been smoking for years and it's one of my most favorite things to do.

In addition, maybe you could try edibles. Just keep in mind that eating marijuana is a different experience. The effects take a lot longer to kick in, and last a lot longer as well. So don't over do it. Eat a brownie or a cookie or something, wait 45 min, and then decided if you should take anymore.... and make sure that when the munchies kick in that you don't keep eating them. I prefer edibles over smoking most of the time, and I think you should give them a try before you swear of pot altogether. I have recipes if you need one and you can find plenty online.

Well good luck with your future marijuana experiences! Don't give up on it yet.

5. Thanks for the advice.. I actually felt really good and laid-back before I smoked, but when I think back the paranoia was bound to happen, being in a little room with a ton of people..

Really? That's reassuring, maybe someday I'll actually get a good high.. but what do you mean 'just like anything else'? Because if it just feels like a normal thing then why would you do it in the first place? (Sorry, maybe I understood that wrong)

Oh yeah when I first heard my friend had weed I wanted to make tea with it since I wasn't really thrilled with the idea of smoking something XD what recipes do you suggest?

6. Thanks for the advice.. I actually felt really good and laid-back before I smoked, but when I think back the paranoia was bound to happen, being in a little room with a ton of people..

Really? That's reassuring, maybe someday I'll actually get a good high.. but what do you mean 'just like anything else'? Because if it just feels like a normal thing then why would you do it in the first place? (Sorry, maybe I understood that wrong)

Oh yeah when I first heard my friend had weed I wanted to make tea with it since I wasn't really thrilled with the idea of smoking something XD what recipes do you suggest?

7. like i said weed may not be for you or you need some midgrad low count of thc

8. Sounds like you smoked some real good weed got too high and way too paranoid that'll make anyone uncomfortable. Just don't over smoke and try not to smoke somewhere you know you might get anxious.

9. It is most likely just your body's reaction to the weed. I have a friend, whos body just can't handle it. When he does it he gets all shaky and nervous and just feels like shit. It wasn't the weed, just his body's reaction.

10. Ive had that feeling a few times before too. Not as bad, but when I smoke before school sometimes (or use to). Usually if im in public or going anywhere I dont wanna be blasted just a good buzz. My guess is you smoked too much or it was too strong. (oh and ive noticed with some people the first time theyre high in public is never turns out too well)

11. Yeah, small crowded rooms make me nervous anyhow, so just try another venue and I can almost promise that you will have a better experience.

I'm sure you will get a good high. I've known a lot of people who didn't like it at first but after giving it a few tries found that they in fact did like it.

What I meant by "just like anything else" is just the process of getting used to something. We have all done things that we didn't like at first, but once we got used to it... we were used to it lol. Alcohol for example, I don't know if you drink or not, but I can remember the first time my dad let me taste his beer... I said I would never drink beer, but once you get used to it, it turns out it's not so bad. That's all I mean by that, and yes the effects will still be there.

I personally like to make butter. it's basically fool proof. The first time I made it, it was definitely not by the book and was a pathetic excuse for an attempt, but when it was all said and done it still worked like a charm. You can then take that butter and do all kinds of things with it, put it on toast, popcorn, put it in a pan and fry up some pork chops or anything else with it, use it in a brownie mix, cookies, any kind of baked good really. I mean the possibilities are endless with it. Anything you would do with normal butter, just substitute the cannabutter.

You can also make oil. The same idea just using oil instead of butter, but it in pasta, fry with it, again you can substitute it in brownie mix or other baked goods that call for oil

If you want an actual recipe I'll give you one

12. The biggest thing you need to know is.

No one cares if your high.
    police/guards/stores/people

They just dont care unless your doing stuff your not supposed to do.
    The reason marijuana gives paranoia is because its illegal.
    People realize this and go OH NO OH NO OH NO!!!!

Just keep in mind.

No one gives a rats ass if your high. No one can tell if your high unless your make it a DUH! im stoned.

but if you just relax and remember the words. No one cares. Only you.

13. yeah same with my first few times

maybe its you

but whenever you smoke take 1 hit and STOP
    when you first start your tolerance to THC entering your body is soooo low that you might get too high too fast

just take 1 puff, maybe 2, both quick and get buzzed
    no more
    just stop maybe even at one

my third time smoking, i learned this lesson, if its a joint, bong, or pipe, just take like a 1/2 sec hit, and repeat until you feel it barely, then do it like 1-3 times more until ur mentality is ".....yeah...." and ur very relaxed

14. Try smoking out of public next time. make sure everyone around has the same agenda

15. I would have said the same thing if i read ur title or ur explanation. Maybe weeds just not for you or next time just puff it once and stop. It seems like so many ppl ask this sAme shit sigh w/e

16. Hey, don't even stress for a second about this situation.

Cannabis affects everyone differently. You probably smoked higher grade cannabis and simply got too high. You'll develop tolerance so for now just smoke less or lower grade.

17. Pretty much word for word to what I would say and how I feel about cannabis.

This is marijuana people, enjoy it!

18. You sound like you're inexperienced. Going to a concert and smoking a joint if you have low tolerance probably isn't a good idea (I know it wouldn't be for me). Everyone is different and weed has a way of enhancing your current mood or your personality itself.

If you are someone who gets self conscious around big groups or something, you will feel extremely anxious in a situation like the one you were in. Next time you smoke, do it in a friends house or something with just a couple people, so that you can just chill with how you feel and don't have to worry about other people watching you or anything like that.

Basically, I think, If you're not in a relaxed environment and you have a low tolerance, you're probably going to have a very paranoid high. Weed doesn't just have an effect, it has a different effect for every mood/situation you're in. But yeah, next time try it in a more relaxed, simple environment, like a house. For a noob, the effects of weed will be more than enough stimulation.

19. And also remember it's all about set and setting. By "set" I mean your mental outlook on the entire experience. If you think you'll get paranoid, you'll get paranoid. A good thing to do before smoking is meditating- removing inner chatter from your brain often helps purge negative feelings. A good tutorial for meditation can be found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/318972-guide-meditation.html

There are times I think I won't get that high or doubt it after smoking a little, and I won't, but other times I will- mental mindset is a strong force. It's why the placebo effect works.

Setting is obviously your environment. Doing it right at a concert could be bad for a beginner, I feel like you work your way up to more high-energy settings over time. The first few times I smoked it was in my dorm room and the woods, in a very low--key environment where everyone else around me was also getting high. One thing I've noticed at parties is that it feels more comfortable to be around people who are also high, and less comfortable being around people who are drunk.

One thing you might want to look into is smoking in a comfortable place first, put yourself in a happy place, and then go somewhere while your riding the waves of the happy mood.

This is all my perspective. Don't give up just yet, I know it can be frustrating.

20. Do you take any medication for anxiety, bi-polar or anything? that could explain this.