Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I really hate weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeliciousCake, Feb 13, 2010.

1. So yesterday I went to this awesome band with a friend and this guy I barely knew, but before going in the room we walked around and shared a joint. (without tobacco - I don't know if this is relevant but in France they use tobacco, which I don't like.. =/) Anyway it hit me as soon as we handed the guy our tickets, and already I was really paranoid that he noticed us.. so we went into the room and they were talking and asked me how it was and I couldn't say anything, I was like "I have no idea.. I'm.. I can't talk right now" and they laughed so it was ok.. but then all of a sudden I couldn't see straight or walk straight at all, everything was red.. so we went to the bathroom to get some water, I had to lean on him the whole way.. went into the bathroom and it felt like everyone was staring at me and probably talking about me, I felt like trash and like the worst thing in my life was finally happening to me, like it was all over.. Then I felt vaguely better and we went back to the room..

So we get back and the band still isn't there, and I'm intermittently hanging on to my friend (who sadly isn't my boyfriend, so it must've been really awkward, but I had to hang on to something) and sitting down, and it seems like hours.. and they FINALLY start playing. So I kept on hanging on to him and trying to say things but they couldn't understand me; everything felt horrible except for the music which was strangely beautiful, but all the paranoid feelings were really ruining it for me ... I had to sit down and couldn't really do anything at all, was STILL so scared that everyone could see me and that security was about to drag me out..

Then about two songs from the end I suddenly felt a little more clear-headed, and it was an awesome feeling, being more sober.. after the train ride home I felt completely normal except I couldn't keep with the conversation and concentrate on anything; it saddened me because before on the way there we'd really hit it off, and now I was extremely self-conscious. Really bad experience =/

I've tried weed a couple times before and it was never a pleasureable experience - I just got really shaky and dirty and paranoid and the air sort of vibrated, music seemed a bit better somehow, but that's it. Nothing like what I hear people describing. I kept on trying again because I thought somehow I was doing something wrong or got bad weed but.. I dunno. I'm going to stop if it goes on like this.

Sorry, looong post. Any advice? People who are high look so happy, why don't I get to feel the same way?

2. I'm not sure, but you need to be with a group of friends in a closed comftorable safe environment, then you will become more comftorable with it.

3. #3 th3_chr0nic, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    Sounds like anxiety leading to a panic attack. Maybe just don't smoke weed or try it with a good friend at your house or some other private location.

-And to elaborate on the anxiety thing, I feel like you go into it thinking, "I hope I don't freak out." This makes you overly alert and suddenly you're questioning everything you do. Anything that can be interpreted as negative is amplified 1000 times with anxiety. Next thing you know, you're begging to not be high anymore making deals with god and shit.

You just need to smoke less with a really good friend in a nice relaxing environment where you wont have to really worry about keeping your shit together.

4. Sounds like a comfort problem. Try smoking in your house or sumwhere chill thats not crowded with people and blarring music.

I was paranoid the first time I went to class high,the puhlic thing isnt for me... Never again. But I wouldnt say I hate weed

5. Maybe it's because you don't smoke much, or often, so your tolerance is very low. Each time you smoke it's practically like the first time again. If you were to smoke like every night, and build a tolerance, the effects start to mellow out and you become more functional.

6. How many times have you smoked before? And either the shit you smoked was too good for your body to tolerate or the weed was laced.

And I'm guessing you went too far, and got TOO high for your own good. When your way too high, it gets uncomfortable like what your saying.

You couldn't walk straight...or see straight..that aint normal.

7. Yeah that could be it (the comfort thing) cause every time I've smoked it was either in public (really uncomfortable) or alone in my bedroom which wasn't really fun..

I don't think it was TOO good though cause before I got really fucked I still didn't feel good.. don't think it's laced though, I'm friends with the dealer and he's a nice guy who wouldn't do that lol~

8. Being it only your 3rd time or so trying weed, the effects are going to be very strong as your tolerance is pretty much absolute zero. Tolerance to weed plays a big effect on the type of high you get. Obviously if you are an everyday smoker like a lot of people on this forum, you can get high pretty much anywhere at any time and be totally (or mostly) comfortable with the situation you are in. The paranoia use to strike me hard as hell when I first started smoking. We'd be in my house with nobody home except me and my friend and I would still be looking out the window for hours thinking cops were going to show up. Yeah, it was that bad. Now that I have been smoking for a few years, the paranoia is very little and almost non-existent. I usually only get paranoid if I am in a sketchy place to begin with. But that is natural because obviously weed is still illegal and getting caught by the police is a very serious matter. But that's another story...

Anyway, my advice is not to completely give up weed, but to take small hits with large intervals in between. Meaning, take a hit, wait awhile, (usually after about 5-10 minutes you should feel a little buzz) and if you still feel like you want to get higher, take another hit and so on.

That's about all there is to it. Be in a comfortable setting with your mind at ease. Smoke with a good, trustworthy friend, and enjoy the ride.

9. Yeah that's about how paranoid I get.. thanks for the advice though, it's really reassuring. What if I don't want to smoke every day and just once in a while though, is there still a way I can be really comfortable with it?

And yeah I took about 3 hits in 5 minutes, probably not a good thing.. And I've never smoked in a comfortable place with friends and no chance of being caught, so I hope that when I get to it'll be a good thing..

10. Yeah man if you get paranoid just like smoke a little bit at a time. Like take a hit wait 10 minutes then take another hit.

11. Listen sweetheart. This is how it goes. Some people with bad insecurity problems tend to get over paranoid when they are new smokers and go over their limit. For people in this situation, it's advisable that you only take two tokes and call it a day. That's right, take two pulls and then put it out or if with friends tell them that you're good and don't want anymore because you are a new smoker and have a very low tolerance. Slowly it will build up to the point where you can take three tokes. Then, one day, you'll be able to take 5 tokes. Next thing you know, you'll be smoking with the best of them. (It'll probably take you a while though.) Hope this was helpful.

12. I'm just going to have to go with what everyone said.

Your tolerance is most likely very low and you unconfortable in the first place. The first times you smoke can be either the worst or the best. It really depends on your personality also. If your not a very sociable person, and don't like crowds, most likely you wont have a good high when your around alot of people.

The only way I can think of overcoming the anxiety and other problems is just yell inside your stoned head that your stoned and sober up a bit mentally. Realize the effects are only short lived and won't last but a few hours if that. :wave:

13. I wish it lasted a few hours. I stay high for like 45 minutes tops. I smoke too much though. I go through about a half ounce a week. I need to take a tolerance break to get my tolerance down to the same level as the girl who started this thread.

14. It doesn't have to be insecurity that gets you anxious, any bad vibes you got going will be amped by the herb, th3 chr0nic is completely right. If you have an underlying anxiety problem, you need to smoke less when you blaze, or smoke something less kind. Get your tolerance up, eat something before you smoke (THC has an effect on bloos sugar levels), and stay hydrated. It's all about set and setting.

Don't hate weed, in time it will likely become the very medicine you use to treat your anxiety

15. Agreed, however I happen to know a few people with bad insecurity problems who say that weed makes or at one point made them feel like she described. But at the end of the day, insecurity causes anxiety, thanks for correcting me bro. I don't want to be spreading false or not completely true statements as facts :cool:
    Truest shit I've read all day :hello:

16. WOW, not the fact that you smoke atleast a 1/2 ounce its the fact that it only last like 45 minutes. Here we are all use to pretty decent mids and maybe a little bit of high grade, and I can smoke some good mids and stay high atleast 3-4 hours or so. I don't smoke ALOT, but when i do we most of the time go bowl after bowl, joint after joint and what not. I'm ussually constantly smoking though when i want to get high so that might be it. I can honestly say I would stop smoking for awhile if it only lasted up to an hour.

17. yeah like everybody else is sayin man its just cause youre super baked and paranoid. just try smoking less.

ive been smoking constantly for almost 3 years now and i still get paranoid from time to time.

if you are at a place where you can shower take a nice long hot shower and it should chill you out. if not invest in a pair of sunglasses that way nobody can look at you and tell youre high. at least that helps for me.

18. Wait so how can I be less insecure while smoking? Cause I'm always scared the people I'm with are like 'shit this girl is weird, let's not do this again'.. could be just an impression though

19. Too be honest, just stop thinking about it. And also just take one or two pulls and don't take anymore. You have to slowly build your confidence up as well as your tolerance to weed. We all went through slightly similar expiriences when we first started smoking. Maybe not as extreme, but still it happens to everyone. You'll be fine.