Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I really don't know what to do right now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by muzick, Feb 26, 2010.

1. This may be the wrong section, but here goes.

I'm kinda stuck. I have a 2.65 GPA, and I really don't care.

I'm sick of high school. I'm sick of all these bullshit tests and exams and projects.

My parents bitch at my day and night about how "I'm a smart kid, I have a future, I won't be able to get into college next year if I keep this up."

It sucks because I don't give a rats ass.

While everyone else is stressing about college, and their jobs, I just want to chill and enjoy myself.

Fuck possessions, fuck money, fuck cars, fuck jobs, that's the kind of shit that makes a person evil.

I just want to make good music, play good gigs, and maybe get signed.

All I can do is stay high, and hope for the best.

Somewhere inside me there is a voice saying everything is going to be okay.

2. i guess the only advice i can give you is that you need to just suck it up.
    i know where you are, man. i'm in almost the same place.
    i had to go to an all-boys college prep school, and now i'm in college. i didn't want to come here, but here i am, and i'm sticking with it while i'm here. it's really all i can do.
    hold out until you graduate, get a good job in the meantime, and get your own place, and live your life.

3. I see what you mean.

I have a job already, and am getting ready to apply for a second one.

I should probably start the studying, but my GPA is pretty much dead. So I don't even know about getting hope scholarship.

thanks for the help

4. Get a plan B dude, trust me.

5. Have you considered commuity college?

I had like a 1.9 GPA in high school. After graduating I promptly enrolled in my local community college, got my act together, and attained a GPA of around 3.8. Now I'm looking to transfer and my GPA + extracurrics is enough to have a shot at NYU and Columbia.

If you're into playing music, you could always consider a teaching career as a plan B.

6. Just tough it out and finish it. Don't be a bitch. I just got kicked out of school. I know a million people who were in your positions, and guess where they are? Quit their bands, and no diploma. I regret it; and they regret it. Don't be stupid.

7. If i were you id def get my act together. If you do a decent job in school and get onto a decent college then you are able to find a decent job to support yourself. Dont you want money to buy an apartment, weed, food, ect. Beileve me, once you get through and have a decent job you will feel so much better about yourself and will enjoy life and maybe even find that career in music you want. Just think positive dude and youll be fine. good luck

8. You're basically acting like almost every highschooler that smokes weed. Which is why kids should stop doing that shit.

Get your shit together and do your work, you're not missing out on anything until you hit college anyway. You wont be able to enjoy shit if you dont have a job, its just how this country works man, its life.

9. Listen to this guy. I was in the same position you are OP. I am in a band that at one point was doing really well. People were coming to gigs, we were selling our records, and everything seemed to fall into place. It looked as if we were on our way to a record deal. Sadly, things have been getting very busy for all of us in the band, and shows have now become few and far between. We barely have a few hours to practice maybe every 2 weeks or so. Jobs, family, and other priorities will take over in most bands. It's just a fact that in this country you have to work to get things you want. That's all you can do.

You still have time to change your decision and shape up. Starting now, just commit yourself to finishing high school and doing your best. It may suck now, but you will be so much happier later on. Trust me.

Lay back on the bud usage for a while if you think that's whats causing the lack of motivation. But unless you want to go live in the wild and hunt and gather your own food and grow your own weed, you have to conform to society man. That's life. It takes work and sacrifice of both money and time. There's really not a way around it.

Anyway, kid, it's your life, but I have seen far too many of my own personal friends just fall into depression because they have no job and no money, so they start doing drugs and before you know it, they get addicted to those drugs and start doing some crazy shit for money in order to buy or make those drugs. It's a sad spiraling downward mess that I would advise you not get yourself into. At the very least, get your high school diploma man.

Good luck with everything though. It was hard for me too, and I just barely got by with my high school diploma. But now I am in college and much happier and doing a lot better. It just takes a little motivation and will power, kid.

10. do whatever makes you happy. But once you graduate, if you don't have a job, you're not gonna be too happy. That's why I went to a trade school. No need for college, and I was making 35 bucks an hour a month after I graduated.

11. Ahhhh, he speaks the truth. & I can't handle the truth! haha

But seriously, we have all been there. I just graduated last year & I can honestly say that it was one of the happiest days of my life.
    Especially since I didn't find out if I was going to graduate or not the DAY OF graduation.
    It was a horrible feeling. Seeing all my friends & people I knew in the caps & gowns while I walked around school trying to find the teacher that would decide my fate.
    Good thing she loved me & thought I was cute & intelligent, otherwise if I was just another asshole teenager that dgaf, she could've just said, "oh well since you don't really want to graduate, I guess you don't have to."

Well I'm fucking happier than ever that she didn't say that, because now I'm just in this stupid transition phase.
    I didn't apply for college because of my grades, & I was too lazy. & I had planned on going to a Jr. college. But I'm still not doing anything.

I had a job that I stopped going to because it was too far away, & I didn't get enough hours to even pay for gas to get there.
    Trying to find a job is a bitch. But when you're 18, & people don't consider you a cute little kid anymore they tend to stop giving you everything you want.
    It's more about if I'm in school, or if I have a career plan.

The sad part is that nothing in this country that we want to change is going to change anytime soon.
    In my opinion the government needs to divert (not all) but more of it's attention to the education system.
    Seriously, the times are changing.. At least update the damn textbooks!!
    Nobody wants to learn American history while staring at pictures of random kids in clothes mismatched from different decades haha

12. You should consider community college. Maybe you can transfer out and get a music recording degree or something like that since music seems to be your deal. Shit, open up a recording studio and then you'll have a nice income, plus you'll have the means to push your own music out into the world. I would just suggest not getting stuck at a low-income job all of your life, or at least do something you like man.

13. Best option man, just chill smoke weed, don't worry about school to much, go to community college, CONCENTRATE, STUDY HARD, transfer your grades to a sister school (usually state university) and bam, your life is back on track bud.:)

14. Shit man, I graduated in '08 with a 1.96 GPA. I slid through school, completely bullshitted my way through it, never cared about it and didn't see the point. Luckily I found out, most community colleges will transfer your credits. So you can start on a clean slate if you walk out with great grades, and from there, you can go to the college of your choice and live your dreams. So for now, let's just say I'm exploring my interests. :p

But that's if you wanted to go to college. Regardless, fuck 'em, man. Make your music. Make it huge and prove it to the world you didn't need to comply with society's regulations of education and protocol to be a successful person in life. It is, after all, a game our species has created for itself. ;]

15. Get a college education. You can do it while getting high. I did the community college route b/c I didn't want a ton of debt. Ended up with debt anyways but nothing like my private school buddies. I went from CC on to get a masters while smoking an 8th of nugz per day. That's four dutch masters a day. No excuse not to get at least a bachelors. As someone who recently graduated and applying for jobs, you better have at least a bachelors for anything other than trades, retail, restaurants, or manual labor. If you read closely you will see only one of those four pays a decent wage. A bachelors today is like a high school diploma 40 years ago. It's damn near necessity for a lot of jobs.

Cliffs: Stop being a little bitch and get it done. No one will give you a damn thing in this world, you must earn it. And that's how it should be done.

16. Damn! thanks for all the help guys.

i totally am starting to figure it out.

im def gonna finnish school. and go to community college. that seemed like my thing anyways, a lot of my friends i chill with are heading to hose types too.

appreciate it a lot.

i just finished blazing, and and gonna study or something, i;m in a super chipper mood.

17. I'll just start by saying I got my fancy diploma (private school) a couple days ago. I took me 6 months because I failed my english/social studies class. At graduation I had two tests I needed to take (which means two books to read)

I won't blame it on marjuana but my senior year was hectic. Between 25 hours a week workin the 4-midnight shift at an upscale restaurant and more than a quarter ounce a week I just could not keep up with the rigorous reading schedule. (it was a university credits class which required 500+ pages a week +papers+projects)... At the end I just kind of gave up.

Don't do this man. I won't try to say marijuana is killing your motivation but if I smoke everyday I just get distracted from my dreams...

If you are a musician maybe you heard that jimi song where he says "getting high every day is easy, floating around like a jellyfish is groovy, but sometimes the wind ain't right" that's the way I see it... Either you can float along, work some menial job, or spread your sails and chase your dreams.

I know it's corny/cheesy but this is my advice.