I Quit Smoking

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by The_Mariner, Jun 19, 2014.

1. I recently quit smoking, thought I'd offer a little inspiration to give up for yourself :).
    It's been 66 hours and I feel fantastic. I was a slave to substance for 2 years, and I've made the decision at 19 to quit what would be a lifetime habit.
    I was smoking a pack a day for the last year. That's around $4000 (australia). I went home to my room to sleep a few nights ago, which is a caravan on the lawn, and my sheets reeked of ciggies. So did my pillows and all my clothes and I just got so angry at myself.
    Then I transferred that anger into motivation to quit. I'll never smoke another cigarette again. I am so determined to never again. I know with absolute certainty that I will never smoke again. I won't let myself down like that.
    Any one else quit? Let us hear it. Did you struggle? After 48 hours I felt like myself again. Minus the cravings I guess.

2. Good for you man, stay off the cancer sticks.

Vape 0% nicotine e juice if you have to

3. Keep going at it man don't break in. Just remember everyday you don't have a cig, it's a day you get to live longer. 

4. I'm not tempted in the slightest. They literally make me feel sick to my stomach now, that I would do that to my body. Green is the way for me :) i really should buy myself a vaporizer and a zip with the money I save :)

5. #5 cball, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    took me about two weeks to feel normal...that was 30 years ago, and have enjoyed the money I saved with sacks of herb ever since. :bongin: :smoking: :smoke:

6. I switched to e-cigs for a couple months before I quit completely. I smoked for 8-9 years and got up to 1.5-2 packs a day, it was bad. When I finally quit for good I was like you, i KNEW I was done forever. That was 16 months ago and I've been through every tempting situation without a puff. FINALLY FREE!

congrats OP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. That's actually incredible. I totally understand the feeling. It's not like the "yeah last pack i'll give it a go", it just clicks. On ya mate

8. Quit 3 months ago :)

Only vape now, feel really healthier, no spitting stuff up in the morning that you could tar a fucking road with!

Spent a few quid on my vape equipment but it's all worth it, and if I take care of it will last me for years.

Even started mixing my own juices :) initial outlay was £50 but have enough to last a year.
    Also it's pretty fun experimenting on diffrent concoctions lol

I'm on 12 mg strength of nic, I won't quit vaping I like my nicotine hit to much haha

9. Ive often considered starting ti smoke cigarrettes, like heavily until i am sufficiently addicted. Then showing my pops that if you want to quit badly enough, you can. I wont actually do that but ive considered it.

But then again im slightly OCD and have a slight obsessive personality so anything i set my mind to, i go hard at it, otherwise the ocd part makes me feel guilty for not giving it my 100%

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Please reconsider. I did exactly the same thing more or less. I used to tell my mum, who is a heavy smoker, that if I was a smoker I would be able to quit whenever I wanted. When I made bad choices and began smoking, the grip is brutal.
    Anything could be an excuse to smoke. It's just another smoke, couldn't hurt. I'll quit, eventually.
    Your mind is altered. You start tricking yourself into content with being a smoker. It's psychological warfare hahahA.
    Sorry perhaps a wee bit dramatic I'm super stoned :cool:

11. I'm trying to quit smoking..... but im going to go to china in a few weeks....

Hahaha.... im going to like fucking smoke like 2 whole packets or some shit per day.... lol

Man I wish I can try other countries smokes. My friend brought back these skinny cigs from india and they were pretty good. They burned so slow and he said the whole pack costs like less than a dollar. It's going to be hard to stop especially when they are so cheap in other countries lol. Have fun man.