Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I quit smoking weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slayersaiez, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hello everyone and I just wanted to tell you why I quit smoking only because I want to see if anyone else feels the same way I do. (This will be a long composition comrade) This is also a lot of rambling....

Ever since I started smoking cannabis a year ago my life changed forever. It was my first ever mind altering substance I have tried and I loved it very much at the beginning. It was just a thing I did to experience the feelings and weird thoughts and good times with friends. As it went on though, I just started to realize how confusing this place we live in really is. I started to realize that people can be really simple minded and how marijuana can open up ones mind to the things that really matter. I kept smoking and all seemed well. Until a few months back I started becoming very introspective. I never took things for what they seemed to be I always questioned everything and everyone in my mind. I started thinking more and more about everything until I couldn't take it anymore, I was driving myself insane with all this introspect. The only time I found peace was in sleep. I wondered what is existence? Why am I here on in Columbus,Ohio,U.S.Earth,Milky Way, in a cluster of galaxies in this limitless universe. What is the answer to life? Why is everything so god damn confusing. Until it hit me. Life is what you make it there is no one answer to life. Marijuana made me question myself and I got the answer. They say try psychedelics until you get your answer and when you do, stop them. There is no need for me to go any further with marijuana I had my good times I respect the plant and I am done. Furthermore I want to experience Mushrooms just once and then I will end all drugs that I do.

I am not putting down others for using cannabis as it is your life to do whatever you want. All I'm saying is I'm done this shit is too confusing for me.

2. weed help my thoughts out alot. i see thing different. but i dont think ima giving it up anytime soon. It helps me out alot mentally

3. You have to be high right now.

4. I think I'm a much better, more intellectual person now that I started smoking marijuana. Definitely changed me for the better, and I'm not looking back :D

5. I think that is great that you found it resourceful and have a respect for it. I find myself with the same questions, at all times, find myself looking at things and being a critical thinker. I believe it makes you a more critical thinker once you actually start to have a interest in it. Once you start to respect the tree it will start having it's benefits other then to just get high. I don't foresee cannabis exiting my life anytime soon (Other then intermediate breaks here and there) I just love it too much, I love the smell, the different phenotypes, the chemical structure of the plant and how it's evolved and been used with humans for longer then we know. I guess at heart I think like a scientist, I love the universe and all of it's complexity. It's human nature to be curious, and to be confused just means you haven't found the answer yet. Goodluck to you!

6. #6 hempmans, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    Ahh... Classic first year Psych case study
    When a person faces a paradox of wanting purpose while thinking that human existence is meaningless, cognitive dissonance occurs. Usually when people suffer from this they reach for spiritual or religious guidance. Cognitive dissonance is a common neurological disorder and it has to deal with our pre-belief system. Nearly every individual wishes to live a long, healthy life, and while smokers also wish to live long, that belief is dissonant with smoking (which will likely shorten our lifespan) this conflict of ideas cause cognitive dissonance. The tension produced by these conflicting thoughts is reduced by "quitting" smoking, denying the evidence of harm, or justifying one's smoking. By being simply aware of how this is affecting yourself, then you can stop your cognitive dissonance.

7. Holy shit dude, please send whatever you're smoking to me immediately. But seriously, some people like it, some people don't. I would suggest trying a different strain and smoking maybe a toke or two here and there. You'll eventually build up more of a tolerance to it. Good luck.

8. oh my god hempmans thank you for explaining this! It's so true. Life truley is a paradox that I want but simply can't find an answer to.

9. It's simple, just do what makes you happy, don't try and figure everything out because you never will. Just enjoy the beauty of it, peace :smoke:

10. Honestly, Marijuana may not have helped me become more "book" smart, but it certainly has helped me to kind of prepare for the real world and realize the big problems in life, so what I didn't have homework done on time or if I broke the computer, dented the car, etc. etc. (you get my point) I learned to realize the big things that matter, like maintaining a family and having a good job which also lead to me really figuring out what I do best and what I really wanna do when I grow up, having a home, being able to enjoy life and have friends and family who love you to enjoy it with you.

It's life bro, fuck anybody who tells you how to live it honestly. Can you really be okay at the age of 80 without ever doing anything because some guys in suits and uniforms told you otherwise? I feel like Life kind of has a certain "description" ...To get good grades, have a family, have kids, work, pay bills, and then die...I want to have a family, have kids, have a job of-course, but do what the fuck you want, and what makes you happy. I know it sounds cliche, but don't live your life how someone else is if you don't enjoy it, if you enjoy sitting in a basement all day, then do it. If you wanna travel the world, if you think it would be fun going on a world-wide road-trip with an RV with your-self or family or friends, do it, fuck what anyone else thinks, it's YOUR life.
    Damn, I'm fucking ripped.

11. sick tale dude

12. well,if you quit smoking weed, why are you on gc?

13. I went through that phase before I ever smoked weed. It's not the weed that makes you do it, its your realization of the world around you. I came up with something very different, everything is perspective, all customs are based on pre existing thoughts, and if you believe shit your wrong in a couple years.

14. Take them shrooms, then you'll defiantly understand shit.

15. I've had those thought before, but then I was like "I'm high, I'm going to bed"
    Woke up the next day and smoked out.

16. Hahahaha I was thinking the same exact thing :D

17. #17 OnlySmokeKush, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Amen!

18. Well, I haven't "quit" smoking weed more taking a hiatus and I like coming here because honestly, it's the best internet community I've ever been a part of.

19. I was about to say something witty. But now that I think about it. It really is.

20. What a bummer!! hahah