Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I quit smoking weed.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Alphå, Nov 5, 2006.

1. I dont know where I'm going with this thread. Please jsut read it. I have a lot on my mind and want to get it all out.

So ends my marijuana journey. It was great. I loved it. It changed me. It made me a better person.

Unfortunetly, in today's society, people can't grasp the concept of responcible marijuana use. Weed is just a tool. Its like a telescope into another perspective. It changed me from a junior who wanted to join the marines for no apparent reason, to a senior who is going to make something out of his life.

I've decided that I want to be a park ranger. The pay isn't amazing, and it is a government job, but at least I'll get to be around nature (something that marijuana taught me to love).

I got back from a trip with my uncle. I must have smoked two ounces of weed in a period of 4 weeks. It really was fun. I drove down to the florida keys (it took 17 days to drive down), learned to scuba dive, met a long time internet friend for the first time, drove up through the outer banks, and after a long long time of being away, I came home. This was all in august, but its taken me two months just to come to a conclusion.

I keep asking myself things like "Do I really need to do drugs to feel good?", but cannabis isnt a drug. Really, the bottom line of me quitting is because its illegal. I hate having to keep my habit a secret. I hate how some people would change how they see me. I hate how I am denied my constitutional right to the persuit of happiness, because, let's face it, POT MAKES US HAPPY.

Who the fuck do they think they are by denying us what makes us happy?

So I've devised a plan. I'm going to college. I'm going to get a degree in some sort of Enviornmental Science, as well as continue my SCUBA certifications. This spring I'm getting my Advanced Open water, and I'd like to become a dive master some time later in the year. Theres probably a half dozen parks and preserves, as well as hundreds of SCUBA shops and schools all around the Florida Keys. I want to live down there and settle down.

America is fucked up. The world is fucked up. I figure the best thing I can do is find somewhere away from it all to just start my life.

I'm replacing marijuana with computers right now. I'm working on my own, I'm getting back into video gaming, and I even had the idea of doing some small repair stuff with a couple friends in the meantime.

I dont know what to say, and I dont know what to expect from you guys. I love marijuana. But its illegal here, and people can't take it seriously. And they go around smoking their cancer sticks and drinking themselves to ulcers.

I love putting a lighter to some grass on a glass bowl and watching the chamber fill up. I love shaking my head to myself with that stoned grin on my face and just knowing that everything is perfect. I love looking at roors online, and surfing the grasscity website.

But I hate having to see an illegal dealer every time I need to buy some. I hate getting ripped off, putting myself in the position where I could get criminalized, and I hate how people make so much of a deal out of something that we grow in pots. I hate how we have to grow pot in closets with air filtration systems and worry about the electric bill every month. Its a fucking plant. Who has it ever hurt?

Weed changed my life alright. I have a 4-year scholarship, I get good grades, and I know myself and the world around me better.

I guess that's all I have to say.. Thanks for being there grasscity. Just because I've been beaten by the man, don't ever let that fucker put you down. Get active in the legal battle.

I'll be back. mark my mother fucking words.

2. man, being a park ranger looks like one of the coolest jobs in america. i think that's really cool.

3. See my sig? when I go to the keys, theres a small park in a town called Marathon right in front of the famous 7-mile bridge that looks just like my sig. I watched the sun set there and got high probably a half dozen times. NExt time I'm there I'm going to bust out a joint and blaze up right in that spot.

4. Haha I just found a roach when I was looking at my pipes. I havent been smoking much since like... the beginning of october, so its probably from then.

5. So much for quiting. hehe

6. I really get what your saying Alpha, it's unfortunate you're deciding to quite, but it's something I can definatley respect, and have considered myself.

Also, park rangers are good guys. In highschool I used to work maintinance at a provincial park and you get to really know the Rangers and the Wardens.

You pretty much have to have your heart in the right place to become a Park Ranger.

7. You mean the crotch, right? :D

Yeah I smoked a roach and some kief my brother had, and we're going to smoke our last gram tomorrow. The goal was to quit on this weekend.

I'll probably break down and start smoking when I move out of my parents place.

8. glad that mary jane has given you alot of pleasure.

Being a park ranger would be kick ass!

Keep ya head up, and good luck in your efforts to become a park ranger and getting your SCUBA certifications.

9. i dont care if you quit weed

just never quit weed on grasscity

10. Do what you have to do, but I promise you'll be back.

11. will you just grin and keep walking?

12. even my gramma would pick a nug if she stumbled across a fuckin field...
    anyways
    'peace duude

13. or you could just move to one of the various states that has medical marijuana laws. Check out NORML.org theres alot more places than you might think.

14. dude beign a park ranger would be awesome....beign outside all the time n shit.....i quit smoking about a year ago and shit was boring...so you will be back i guartee it....and whats better then smokin a blunt in the wilderness ?

15. I got my advanced open water diver certification last summer. It is alot of fun when they take you down past 100ft and you get all loopy and shit. I also got to take a coarse where you just learn how to ride one of those little sea scooters around. The only bad thing about that hobby for me is that I live in colorado and that makes almost any diving trip very expensive.