I quit smoking weed and now I can't sleep

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by craigd89, Mar 1, 2011.

1. It is just the mild withdrawal that you get from quitting weed. It will pass in a week or 10 days max. Just hang in there, hon!

Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec23/ch352/ch352i.html?qt=marijuana&***=sh[/FONT]

Withdrawal: Cessation after 2 to 3 wk of frequent, heavy use can cause a mild withdrawal syndrome, which typically begins about 12 h after the last use. Symptoms consist of insomnia, irritability, depression, nausea, and anorexia; symptoms peak at 2 to 3 days and last up to 7 days.

Now about that gaining 60 lbs- hon, you have to look hard at your diet! It is killing you!

Step one is STOP BUYING JUNK FOOD! If it's not in the house, you can't eat it! And take a calculator to the store- figure out the price per pound of potato chips or a candy bar! :eek:

Next, start taking Omega 3 supplements-

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - no date)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

As an added incentive to take Omega 3- you body can't make functional CB1 receptors without Omega 3! Cb1 receptors when activated by THC create the cannabis high! If you take Omega 3, your body will eventually make enough new working CB1s to improve your high! (Takes about a month or 2 to get the effect.)

Functional CB1 receptors in your brain + pot = [​IMG]

Think about what your eat- stop eating mindlessly! You sit there eating potato chips- ounce after ounce of empty calories! Take a gander at this chart I made for the kids at my school. Which fills you up longer? A 2.75 ounce bag of chips, or a crisp, juicy Gala apple? :rolleyes:

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)​
    1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

[FONT=&quot]10 Wheat Thin Crackers[/FONT].................................................1 apple

So you gotta get your arse out of the computer chair more often! Go for a walk! And there is nothing like having a joint in a quiet green place! :smoke:

And good on you for taking the first step in changing your life! :yay:

Granny :wave:

2. ya well this article which was a link on that weednotcrack's link is pertinent
    Natural Sleep Aids for Better Sleep

if you were not as busy discrediting this when, its obvious that, that blade was trying to help out, you might have actually seen it, as its clearly right there on the right.

....imagine that

3. If you feel hyper at night then exercise before you go to sleep

4. Well I have a solution to this. I have a system (not quite the same) that I've developed after realising that most actions are sexually orientated.

I used to masturbate a lot, and when I decided that I would use masturbation as a reward for myself rather than a coping mechanism I became a lot more productive.

Maybe you could do the same with marijuana? Say, going for a 30 minute walk or working out a certain area of your body could each equate to one bowl? Or 3 tokes of a joint?

Once you have the number of puffs per joint figured out you can just add up your achievements until you get the equivelant of a joint, then have one.

If you're always giving yourself what should be regarded as a treat, the dopamine in your brain (that regulates action+consequence) will decrease, as you're not stimulating that system. All you're doing is giving yourself a treat for doing nothing.

Hope that helped you with some motivation. A little goes a long way :)

5. I haven't been smoking much recently, as I've just finished my season of footy and am just enjoying my fit lifestyle. But are you saying that from my taking of omega-3 supplements and my eating of tuna almost constantly I'm going to get higher than usual? :eek:

6. #26 NaKz, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    So by letting you know that orange peel may not work for sleep, I'm not helping you out?

Imagine that, I thought I was.

Here's some help,

Melatonin - Get sublingual. http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SN184/ItemDetail
    L-Tryptophan
    5-HTP
    Valerian Root
    Magnesium

Next time, don't be such a cock.

And granny is right it's a mild withdrawal symptom from quitting pot.