Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Quit Smoking Pot

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by oldskoolgrower, Mar 30, 2009.

1. But not for good...a friend of mine, someone I think highly of, is trying to kick their heroin habit. I am not smoking anymore until they are through their withdrawal as a show of solidarity.

If you have it in you, my Seasoned friends, think about doing the same and posting it here if you do. It will only be a few days.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. +Reps. Heroin is bad. You are a great friend, even if it is not necessarily an equal gesture, since for a non heroin addict it would really be hard to think of an equal gesture that is irrelevant.

Good work

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, I smoked Friday night, I'm out, and I plan on not smoking/being out of weed for at least a week. Mostly because I'm broke and the little connects I have are dry. Plus I'm taking the GMAT later this week--so I'm trying to study my ass off/not smoke this week to get ready for it. Better believe this upcoming weekend it is going to be balls to the wall though. Point is--joining you on the weeklongish t-break.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's awesome for real, I wish your friend good luck! Very loyal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I haven't been smoking much lately anyways, but I still need a bowl or two a day. If he can fight his way through heroin withdrawals, I sure as hell can forgo weed for a few days. I've had friends go through the same thing before and it helps to have somebody by your side (not literally) to keep you strong and fight through the urges. I'm down. It will just make that celebratory bowl when he finishes that much sweeter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. isnt heroin the one that the users have withdrawals like 6 months after? maybe thats meth. fuck i dont know i learned that in school and everything they teach us about drugs in school has seemed to be wrong so far lol:smoking:

7. [​IMG]

No really you are. A heroin addiction is no easy picnic. I've been through it, and have been clean for over 2 years. I have friends who have not been able to get off of it, and I have friends who've had their chances of getting off of it taken away. When I was going through withdrawals I didn't have any friends to hangout with. All my friends at the time were basically drug users, and it wouldn't have helped me one bit to hangout with them. I'm sure your buddy appreciates that he can have a friend to support him, who isn't using drugs himself, and yes marijuana is a drug.

8. I would but im ending my month t-break tomorrow. Your a good friend to him tho osg, hopefully he kicks that nasty ass habit.

9. It passes in a few days generally, though like any addiction the psychological aspects can last a long time.

I know giving up weed is nothing compared to opiates, but it's all I can do to show support :)

10. thats a good way to help out must be hard the first few nights

11. wow..at first i was like :eek:..but reading the story I understand...and I was about to go smoke a few bowls to chill tonite but decided to check GC real quick..lol...but Im down..ill just stash this green away safe for however long it takes...good luck to you and your friend...hope he/she gets clean soon :D

12. When I was much younger I spent 3 days and nights sitting with a friend who had a horrible heroin habit. He was doing enough that he was heading for an OD soon. It was nasty and messy. I cleaned his shit and urine from him and kept him hydrated. Twenty years later he's still clean so it was worth it.

I can't sit with this friend but I can offer my moral support here :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 cosmokramer421, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    The physical aspects of the withdrawal vomiting, nausea, insomnia, etc may go away in a few days, but physically you don't get back on the "right schedule" for at least 2 weeks. Your metabolism is all out of wack. And as far as psychological withdrawal, that lasts a lifetime. A shot of heroin is by the far greatest feeling ever. It's like heaven, and once you're not in heaven, you do anything you can to get back there, at least I did.
    I've been clean for some time, but I still crave the feeling everyday, but refuse to relapse.

And take my advice, I advise you to keep him away from methadone. Methadone is just another dirty high that replaces a different idirty high. Sure it can be helpful for some, but for most people it's just a way of continuing getting high when theres no heroin around, and once there heroin is around there's a high risk of relapse.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes I was referring to the more debilitating and immediate effects. He doesn't have a huge habit compared to many and it's my hope that he'll be feeling much better in a few days.

15. SALUTE to ya, man. Good show.........

Keep us posted on a daily basis as to how you guys are doin', if ya can. Your experiences may be helpful to some here.

Again, hats off to ya.:wave:

16. I'll be doing fine. I can quit smoking easily and have before when necessity warranted. Like I said it's just what little I can do in a symbolic way to support a friend :)

Thanks everyone.

17. im in. i was recently caught by the cops, not charged, and haven't smoked since. but its only because i have reason to believe my mom may start drug testing me. either way i have about a week and a half head start and ill be going for maybe another month.

18. Well I'm buzzing right now, but I planned on stopping tomorrow for the rest of the week. So I guess I'm in.

good choice ant-h.

19. yeah i know, i went to my friend's house who i usually burn with and basically the whole gang was there, really high, trying to force me to smoke. i held strong though. best part is ill be so high next time i smoke.:smoking:

20. Very cool gesture, dude. You're a real class guy, to say the least.

Good luck to your friend man, he'll be alright if he keeps strong.