I planted to early.. possible outcomes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nelo13, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Started mid March is it flowering or revegging. Beginner here I spent good money on soil and seeds from ILGM this the strawberry cough strain. I can’t move it it’s in the ground. Any advice helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That definitely looks like it's trying to flower to me :thumbsdown: I don't know how long your grow season is but if you have some time left you could have a light near it to interrupt the dark cycle and that could make it reveg. I'm not sure how well that would work though, I've never tried it.

For next time, if you are able to with your grow location, leaving a light on for a little while after it gets dark could stop the plant from early flowering in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 14hours 36 min of daylight right now still going up though. Is that not enough light for it to reveg and what kind of light would be efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What’s the possible outcomes of this. Will I end up with some buds or nothing.

5. That should be enough light for it to reveg, you don't need anything special as a light to stop a plant from flowering, I've heard of people with plants too close to their house and had light polution from their windows affect the plants dark cycle

6. The 14 hours ? Or should I still put a light out I got a flood light

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    Playing it safe I got this bright aaa flood light. Any idea how long I should leave it in for when it gets dark

8. Since you're already at 14ish hours of light you should only need it in for an hour or two I'd think

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hour and a half it is thanks a lot buddy

10. IMG_2180.JPG
    How’s that look?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Give 2 hours of light then slowly decrease the light until you're no longer supplementing by June 21, then let nature take over

12. That's the key to putting plants outside early in the future. As long as the plant gets 14+ hours of light it won't flower.

I've got a spot-light on the side of my house thats on a timer just like that. I leave it on until the solstice.

13. When I use to grow outdoors in Florida since it's warm I would have mine in the ground by first of March a lot of years and yes some would flower because time of day is still short a little but usually they will reveg and sometimes the buds want grow as thick the second time but you can keep them flowering with the darkest shade cloth available

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I had to run out of town and didn’t get back till 11:30 pm and I just turned the light on will that mess with it you think I should turn it off for the night and start back on schedule tomorrow

15. Didn’t get home till 11:30 just turned light on should I turn it off and start back on schedule tomorrow... please reply ASAP

16. [​IMG][​IMG]

My other too do they look like there trying to flower too?

17. I would just let it go and do it's thing, last summer I put 6 clones from a flowering mother, well it was just about week 5 and we took the bottoms from 2 plants then decided to clone and flower those, the pile i put outside grew all kinds of strange for about a month then out of nowhere they all shot up over 5ft tall. Finished them without any issues.