I plan on harvest in a week...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by xsubxwooferx, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys I have a 3 foot plant I started back on first week of june and started budding mid july here in georgia. I am halfway on week 10 flowering and planned on harvest mid 11th week. I would guess that 40 percent white hairs turned red or brown but mostly at top...most bottom leaves fell off especially where some bud spots are at bottom and their still white as can be. When should they turn color?

2. these last couple of weeks of flowering are the key to potency. let em be. they should start to turn amber or red in the next couple of weeks. im growing on the eastern time as well. ive also noticed from indoor grows that alot of the color will come in when in a drying process :smoke:

3. So say if top is all red or brown and very very bottom still has white hairs...if i harvest it in a week and their still white , during the drying process will those white hairs turn red or brown then?

4. #4 Drivenone, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
    They will turn a bit orange during dry and cure. If you think your plants are easy to find, then you might be better off taking them. Or just the top foot leaving the rest to finish out. Another thing you can check, maybe you remember. Can you see the chrystals with your naked eye? Most would be raised and whitish, some would just look like bump on the leaves. If you can, you're better off waiting as long as you can. The days are still a bit longer than the nights. HOLD OFF. the plant isn't in full flower yet.

This is my situation. My planted are "going to be harvested in two weeks" for the past month. I'm expecting sometime in October. Should anyone dare to venture through 6-8 foot bushes and find the switchback. Again through some tall sticky bushes, with inch long thorns, the deer trail may lead them right to the 2 plants. It's not that I left the trail, it's just there. When I planted they were all ankle high. Sometimes even I overshoot the right path because I only go 1-2 times a month recently. The main thing is that I cleared out some of the brush where the plants are so they're not 4-5 feet in anymore.

I try not to think about it. The obvious safe path would be along the tree line. The residents near the area would enter the field from a distant location and would only stumble on them by luck and they would have a more painful trek. A person entering where I enter would be nuts not to follow the treeline. Walking into the tall thorny bushes wouldn't get them to their destination any faster and would be better off walking along the highway.

The grove is a popular dumping place and I guess the forest service moved the bags of yard and landscape waste into the grove of tree. There is a blue tarp that showed up a few months ago but that person must have follwed the treeline my plants were/are still there.

Sorry for the hijack threat, but I did answer the question before taking over.

5. I just got done harvesting one of my two outdoor plants and the buds around the outer sides and top were ready but the lower middle and inner buds werent quite ready so I harvested what was ready and continued to water the plant untill the rest were ready.