I phoned the cops on my neighbours

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by gavina12, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Got some crazy neighbours' who are always arguing and slamming stuff about the house so last night i'm out back having a smoke and i hear it kick off as they get out of a taxi and argue their way inside it then sounded like they were hitting each other and screaming. I then hear what i think to be someone getting pushed down the stairs so i made the decision to call the cops. Then realised i was the only neighbour home so it would look obvious so only had 1 light on so turned everything off and the cops eventually turn up.They speak to him for about 20 mins and he's going "i dont understand who called you he's not in and she's not in" then something clicked and he was like I KNOW EXACTLY WHO CALLED YOU!So i'm like awww fuck! Cops leave and i get a bang on my door then the doorbell goes. I just stay put and devised a plan i would sneak out the back about 20 mins later and walk around and along the street coughing and loudly re entering my house at the front planting the idea that the bars have closed and i'm just coming home. Anyway this was last night and i immediately regretted phoning the cops but hope my little plan worked as the dude next door is absolutely nuts. Moral of the story: Don't phone the cops. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

ok, so you are afraid to help the person being beaten and shoved down stairs...you think it a bad idea...

all a good man need do is, nothing, and evil will reign supreme

3. Haha Gavina, you have some seriously fucked up neighbours. I'm not even gonna mention "The Washing" :) 
    But on the topic - fuck that guy, you should some day beat his redneck ass. Anyone who hits or pushes a woman deserves to be stabbed.

4. You did the right thing by calling the cops if you thought someone was in immediate danger.

5. buy a gun.

6. [quote name="cball" post="19452289" timestamp="1391352006"]ok, so you are afraid to help the person being beaten and shoved down stairs...you think it a bad idea...all a good man need do is, nothing, and evil will reign supreme[/quote]It was him getting pushed down the stairsSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. It's both ways they both rely on alcohol which is the problem. Vicious!I cant buy a gun here but i have enough shit to defend myself.

If his woman was beating his ass, why didn't you lay down some whoop-ass yourself?

9. No, moral of the story is to make a plan first.

10. [quote name="UnsuspiciousUsername" post="19452376" timestamp="1391353463"]No, moral of the story is to make a plan first.[/quote]Yeah true that's a high as fuck statement i made to be fair. Plans are good.

11. Just ignore them, maybe they'll kill each other off and then you can have some peace and quiet. Until then, play the stereo really loud whenever they're raising hell, if you can put speakers right against their wall, floor or ceiling, that would be best. That's what I do, it's a good short-term solution.

12. Under the circumstances, anyone banging on my door would be greeted by me with my shotgun in my hand. Sends a message.

13. [quote name="garrison68" post="19452421" timestamp="1391354487"]Just ignore them, maybe they'll kill each other off and then you can have some peace and quiet. Until then, play the stereo really loud whenever they're raising hell, if you can put speakers right against their wall, floor or ceiling, that would be best. That's what I do, it's a good short-term solution.[/quote]This is my latest plan just leave them to it but a lot of the time there is a child involved in the argument which is why this has built upSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. You should confront the dude and then have his woman swoonin and then be like

Ok this is my gf now you don't take care of this one lol

15. Multiple calls of domestic violence, when appropriate, will actually solve the problem faster because if the cops see how big a problem it is, they'll actually do something besides say "Alright guys, stop fighting" and leave.

16. Nah OP you did the right thing. That person could've died, had the cops not came, ya know?

17. #17 IvGotMilk, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Did he see that it wasn't you who called the cops since you weren't in ?

18. Open your door when he knocked? Anybody?Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. U should call more oftenSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

and he was over to thank you for the rescue...you shoulda opened that door and gotten a hug :ey:

you did right by calling the cops...your regret later was just hind sight of the dangers you knew it entailed.. :bongin: