i personally dont think it SHOULD be legalized to the open public.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Hali Hostility, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Nobody had the right to make weed illegal in the first place - that is the true crime here, not the plant itself.

2. It should be legal and shouldn't be taxed unless it is sold. Everyone should have the right to grow it and consume it. No one should tell anyone what they should or shouldn't take.

3. the problem is that the op doesn't care if we win the debate in every aspect she still wants it to be illegal for everybody else because "she's got hers"

how can she say her opinion wasn't completely reverted when many people took the time to address every point she tried to make? every single one was destroyed and she still says she hasn't changed her mind. Now she just avoids this thread entirely...

4. makes me wanna holler (and call people names but I've been asked not to)
    the I got mine mindset permeates all levels of our culture...don't want a national health program cause I have insurance....occupy protesters need to get jobs cause I got one...it's their fault their homeless cause I'm not....why should I pay taxes it's just unfair....dumb ass shit headed motherfuckers...oh, I am calling them names again.

5. :wave:

6. i believe one thing is for sure.

if legalized,marijuana will be taxed, taxed, and taxed again. both on state and federal levels. to the point were a gram would get up to like $50 at a conveniece store

7. That's what we call an extreme exaggeration and making wild assumptions. Remember that this is just a plant and how quickly one can pick up the art of a guerrilla grow. The current prices are ridiculous, nobody is going to be paying even 15/gram for dank once this happens. Now tell me how we wouldn't simply revert back to this black market standard *if* by some cosmic phenomenon the taxation on bud was ever that extreme.

8. 50 a gram? Did you think before you wrote that? lol

Not even possible. The black market isn't just going to disappear overnight. If the government wants to compete with those people and discourage people from growing, prices are going to be lower than they are right now...

9. the very fact that just about anyone could grow either in their backyard or in their home or apartment with little to no investment which precludes the government from collecting taxes nor giving opportunity for business interests from profiting is the reason why our government is shunning the will of the people while ignoring the obvious social benefits and costs savings of legalization to the country and for that matter to the world.(see Mexico)

10. Well no i have sort of changed my mind if you had ACTUALLY paid attention. Just because i dont spend every day of my life on GC doesnt mean im "ignoring" my threads. This thread isnt my reason for living...And another point of you NOT paying attention, i DO care. I WANT it to be legalized, EVENTUALLY. Im all for it i just think theres gonna be ALLOT of pissy people and obstacles when its first done. My thread wasnt to push down everyones opinion and to prove mine. It was for the exact result i got. To hear other peoples opinion to broaden mine. Thats the whole point of these forums. At first my thought was, "HELL YEAH about damn time this shizz got legalized!!!" it was the best frikken thing since pizza bagels when i first heard about it. Over the years my opinion started changing because i started thinking about what [i think] will happen when its all done. Now that im more educated on how the whole proccess will go down, im a little more towards my first opinion. Its not like a few opinions from people is gonna completely change mine. Shit takes time. I now see a HELL of a lot more light shined on the subject and legalizing now has more pros than cons, BUT the reason its not 100% reverted is, i still know allot of people are gonna be pissed about it, not that it really matters its just annoying how nothing can be perfectly fair in life. But thats life. Tough shit. Ill get over it. Have a nice day

11. Thats because my original post was'nt very in depth. Sincere apologys. But you should have read all the other posts. But what i basically mean is, I want the laws that the decriminalized states have to be in all the states, As in, i just want allll of the world to have the Medicinal laws. Now that i know the proccess of legalizing would include that, it makes more sense. I just think looking at it as medicine keeps it a little more practical than just a harmless drug that we want legalized, so we can use it without being harassed or thrown in jail. I dont mean i like where I am i mean i think the rest of the U.S [and the rest of the world for that matter] should have all the privileges the decriminalized states do. But i didn'd [past tense] know about going as far as legalizing it such as alcohol. Apparently nobody's hearing me out and just wants to keep ignorantly wanting to base all their slandering opinions of of my one SINGLE uneducated post that i've tried to explain time, and time again. So now that i have what I wanted i think ill just stop wasting my time explaining myself to those of you to ignorant to read everything neccessary to make a decent reply.

12. ^^^ since I was one of the posters that dumped on you for your early posts, I will offer a "sorry about that" for my manners and impatience. I did 3 years in a Federal prison for growing weed. I have been a user, grower and seller for over 30 years. Being seen as a criminal for three decades for doing what I love, providing marijuana to many many people who in the end didn't care about me or my family when I went to prison and after my release, has left me with a short temper. (I try to let my anger go but it ain't easy even a decade later) Most human beings take the route of least resistance in all issues, and when it comes to drugs and drug law it is easy to see why many people look at medical use laws as a comfortable middle ground. However, the issue is so much greater than that. So many lives and so much treasure...it is painful for many more than just myself when those who's lives have not been affected first hand posit opinions that don't consider what we believe to be most relevant to the discussion. I will say in your defense that until your life or the lives of your loved ones are affected, it is hard to know the realities of the "war on drugs".

13. that was a good little read man.

you should write it out a little longer and detailed (those years prior to, in, and out of jail) somewhere in the Real Life Stories board and let me know when and if/you do. im interested

14. Keep it illegal.

Too many idiots use it.

Keep locking up the idiots.

15. [​IMG]

16. I'll give it a thought. Truth is my personal life and circumstance might make a good read, but is is meaningless in the big picture. Many many citizens have found themselves in similar situations because of the drug war. Those of us who have done time know that the punishment does not stop at time served.
    Maybe it is time for the uninitiated to have a clearer picture of the results of the drug war on a more personal level. I'm not sure I want to share that much of my anger.

17. did anyone talk about property taxes and census numbers being affected/based on prison populations/locations?

cause if some prisons lose a large majority of their population the town the prison is in could potentially hurt, no?

18. I'm not sure quite what your asking ....just finished a morning blunt

but If you are asking if the loss of income to prison guards and staff and the loss in tax revenue that a community would incur if prisons had to be closed because of drug decriminalization or legalization was a factor in our governments unwillingness to legalize drugs, then the answer is a resounding "HELL YES". In California, the prison guard union is THE largest single political contributor/lobbying group in the state. They (the union) has huge swipe. They spent huge amounts of money in the media to scare the public during the run up to the initiative process that brought about our medical marijuana laws.

19. no, i dont mean "is it a factor?"
    of course it is. i mean, how can we minimize the damage when legalization occurs. of any type of drug.
    i dont want my house value to go down because some fuck let the stoners out

(joking but you get the idea)

besides, it has a lot to do with the amount of money surrounding schools receive and what not.