I Over Dried My Buds

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by nu-bube, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone,:wave:

My grow is done, and I had A TON OF PROBLEMS.

I could never have finished without the knowledge that you folks have shared here.:hello: Thank You All.

I grew in hydro, and it took forever. After I flushed she was allready kind of dry.

After the chop, she hung for only four days.

I am putting her in jars right now, and she is very brittle.:(

I have read here that you can add orange peals, or maybe fresh wheat bread to help keep the bud moist.

I really would appreciate your input as I am kind of freaked out right now.

Thank you Everyone, and Happy New Year!

Peace,

Bube

2. I would keep them over dried for storage if you go adding moister to the storage jar chances are your gonna end up with mold

best to have two jars

then take out say 4-5gs and place them in a bag/or jar with an orange peel, or some bread, lettuice, or a pot leaf to re moisten it.

so you can have some nice smokes
    whilst the other jar has the dry cure

3. A buddy of mine would wet a q tip and tap it to the top of the jar. Leave it in there just Lon enough for the buds to absorb some moisture then air it out immediately. It worked. No mold. Just gotta keep an eye on it and not leave it in there to long

4. over dry is better than not dry enuff after a week curing it will get sticky and very tasty

5. I though my first harvest was over dried. 1 week into curing and it sticks to the side of the mason jar.

6. Thank You Everyone,:wave:

She is in the jars now and burped twice.:)

I have been too sick to sample her, but friends say she is nice.

I love you folks,

bube

7. the longer the cure the better the taste try and keep one jar each harvest to cure for a month or longer and u will be amazed by the diff in fresh bud and month old bud

8. put a small piece of carrot or apple in the bag. works like a charm

9. ^ I was the same.

The moisture will work its way back out from the stem during curing. Give them some time and they won't be so dry anymore.

• Like Like x 1