I officially hate barack

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by alicedee07, Apr 21, 2009.

1. I'm sorry I just had to vent. You know, at first I wasn't that upset at the press conference when barack basically laughed at his voters' faces when asked about legalization. I thought maybe he just kinda choked and felt he needed to give an answer that his audience wanted to hear. But now this is what pisses me off the most:

David Henry Sterry: Mexican Drug Lord Officially Thanks American Lawmakers for Keeping Drugs Illegal

So barack is in agreement with the president of Mexico that the US is partly responsible for the bloody drug war and the violent drug cartels because of the fucking "demand"???? The leader of the drug cartel just thanked the US for keeping drugs illegal! And barack wants to place the blame on the demand, which is basically you and me, and not on the fucking government that makes the laws that keeps the money in the cartels pockets?? Barack, you are a fucking coward and a liar and I officially hate you now.

2. I'd give it more time, personally. As of now, I support Obama. I mean, you have to realize he's totally in the spotlight in many parts of the world, and his every move is being watched very closely. Legalization right off the bat in the first couple of months would spell PR disaster. I think once he's "used" to being the President and the media is off his back a little bit, we'll start to see what we all hope to see, or atleast major steps towards it.

3. The article isn't real. Been posted here a bunch and it's still fake. Obviously they would thank us, but none come out in the open like that.

4. people will keep saying stuff like " weed isnt the only thing thats on his mind, hes busy, other more important things to adress".. you gonna stil use that excuse 8 years down the line when its still not legal ? lol

5. how do you know its not real?

6. So, you're mad at the president because of a faux news article?

This is exactly why I hate the news. People read an article and eat it up without thinking. This just proves that point, this article is clearly fake AND there has already been mention of this in past threads.

7. Because the same guy writes a bunch of satire articles. There was a giant thread already made about this and it was agreed upon it being fake. Notice how huffington post was the only news that had an article on it? If it was real all the major news networks would've done stories.

8. Not to mention, if you pay attention to the wording of the article itself it's pretty clear that it's delivered in a semi-comedic fashion.

9. Weed shouldn't be the first thing on ANYONE's mind. Sure it's an important issue, and it could definately help things out in the USA as they stand now, but people saying "there's other more important things," makes perfect sense. I'd almost feel worse if the first thing he did was legalize. I'd rather be sure my money is going to be in the bank when I go to get it out, and I'd rather be sure I won't get randomly fired from my jobs because the company can't afford my salary, or be sure that I'm not paying $120 to fill up my tank with gas, or be sure that I'm not being recorded on a security camera 300+ times a day like the average city-dwelling American.

And really, are you having THAT much of a problem getting weed? Like I said, it's certainly an important issue that NEEDs to be tackled soon, but certainly not first. I'd say give it 1 year (by then the financial crisis, and the big 3 motor companys going down the shitter, and the insurance companys and banks fucking everyone over should be atleast half-way dealt with) before we can really give an honest representation of whats going to be done.

10. is the thread in the "legalization and activism"? do you remember the name of the thread? i would like read it.

11. #12 alicedee07, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    The problem isn't weed being the first thing on his mind, or his priorities around it. The problem is his word.

Regardless of whether or not the article is fake, it is clearly obvious that of course the drug cartel is thankful for keeping drugs illegal. So long as their main source of income is kept illegal, they have control over that market. I'm pissed at the fact that Barack is putting the blame "on the demand" as he says, which is us, and not on the laws. How dare he. Because it is "the demand" that fucking put him in office and he has the fucking nerve to chastise us for the drug war and not his fucking government that not only has lied to us repeatedly, trampled on the voices of people, helped create the flow of cocaine in the 80s to aid the war against the communists in Nicaragua (which ultimately lead to the creation and explosion of crack under Ricky Ross), and lied to us again? Shit I think I'm gonna hurl.

12. His viewpoint is to be expected and isn't much different than past presidents.

It's odd, to me, that people act so surprised that Obama is not pro-drug and isn't at the front lines saying, "Free marijuana smokers, let's end prohibition!"

Certainly, it's upsetting. I want nothing more than to have marijuana prohibition end. But I am not surprised at all that Obama is supporting the war on drugs.

13. Yea I guess you are right. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

14. Right now you say you hate him, because he wont take the pot question seriously and such....well a few years down the road when he finally gets the economy semi stable and has time to deal with it and makes progress towards decriminalization or outright legalizes pot, your tune will change. I hate when people say they hate someone and a few days later they say they love the same person.

15. Well personally. I think it's absurd to hate Obama because he won't decriminalize marijuana for every stoner right off the bat. It's selfish if we think about it that way, give him time. So what if he never legalizes it, that's no reason to hate him. What if he does other good things for america such as fixing the economy? Marijuana legalization is not a big enough issue to hate him for right now.

Another thing is it really wouldn't make a lot of a difference.. so what if cops are looking for us, so what if we've been caught before, from what I know we're still doing it and it's not going to stop us, besides who knows if it becomes legal I don't want my weed with cigarette like chemicals.

16. Yeah. Hate Barack for being in the office for approximately 3 months, which has been the sole reason behind why marijuana and drugs are illegal. Good one.

Start hating the public; they're keeping it illegal through their own misconceptions regarding it. You can do ANYTHING in this country as long as you have enough people behind it. Sadly, a majority of the people I know that have tried weed don't go back to it. Though they know the harmless affects, they still don't jump into the fight.

I believe the process regarding marijuana legalization should not just be about marijuana legalization. I am convinced there is more of a social and political ideology behind that, and THAT is what is going to get a full movement behind it.

17. But really, does it matter if there are more important things to do? It would take him 15 minutes to legalize weed. Well, it would take a long time, but on his part at least it wouldn't take any time at all. Just write up a draft and send it off to congress or some shit.

18. That would be called political suicide.

What the president COULD do that is NOT political suicide is say that it should be a states matter, end ALL DEA raids, and leave it all up to the states. Not like hes proclaiming to the masses he wants legalization, but he could at least facilitate change (something he campaigned on so heavily) and keep true to his campaign promise to reform drug laws rather than laughing and basically looking the other way.

I agree with the OP, to put the blame on demand is downright infuriating, he is saying the problem lies with us, the people rather than the laws. Complete 180 of campaign rhetoric.

So much for CHANGE.

19. Honestly, I know that some people are gonna get angry at this, but as of now. The president has some bigger issues to deal with, the economy going down the toilet and the war in iraq costing us trillions of dollars. The time will come for legalization, but I don't think its time now