I offically have lost over 100 pounds!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by iluvgreeen, May 14, 2011.

1. That's so awesome.

But really.. How did you do that? What would you suggest to others that you believe helped you to do it?

2. nice. your hot. ive lost 70 ilbs since december. but when i opened this thread. i thought you lost 100 pounds of bud.

3. thanks! always looking for ways to get in better shape :D

4. It took me about a year and half and I really did a lot of different things, from, diet pills, to fad diets, and starving myself, but I never stuck to any of them. I also did all those while working out. What really worked for me was counting calories, always going for the healthier option and drinking mostly water like I said in my earlier post. I can seriously eat whatever I want, but in moderation. It real is a lifestyle change like everyone says. You have to change the way you look at food and try to excersize 3 to 5 times a week! If you get bored with exercising switch it up! I love swimming, biking, LOVE dancing, and i used to be in love with the elliptical since i could always push myself so hard. My advice is count calories and always remember food is not worth your unhappiness, because it really is the only thing that can set you back. When you want to munch out eat fruits and corn! lol they are awesome and I never feel as guilty when I do have more servings then I should lol

Congrats on losing 70 pounds! :D
    and I have never owned 100 pounds of bud, but i have probably smoked that much through out my whole life lol

5. congrats! people looking for advice, take hers. it's the only way to do it right, and keep it off. don't starve yourself or skip meals or pay for those scam pills/diets. change your lifestyle to better foods/drinks, the right calorie intake, and exercise. it's too easy.

I didn't have a substantial weight loss like this but I lost about 40ish pounds (max 50 or min 30, wish I payed attention). other than the little fat over my abs i'm working off now, i'm too skinny haha (but to me, no muscle is enough muscle). like anyone else overweight I thought I couldn't do this. now I'm not stopping, by that point you're dedicated to improvement and health.

6. Wow good job on losing 40 pounds! And I can't wait till reach my goal! I wonder if I will just keep losing like you. I plan on just trying to maintain my weight, but why stop at my goal right?

7. thanks. no reason to stop! keep at it, even if just to maintain, no rush if you do it that way. no worry of it gaining back. you'll keep loosing until you see abs (estimate, cause you'll be low body fat percentage then). just don't turn anorexic lol. you'll be able to eat a little more freely when you reach the goal.

i plan to hit the gym my whole life (might be 5 years or 50 more, who knows)

your metabolism is a lot faster then when you started. you burn calories sitting down i bet.

8. you dont need to lose anymore weight. just hit some weights. you wont get huge, you'll have a very athletic thick body and it will be sick. good job

9. Lol I wont turn anorexic. I just want to have a normal BMI, and a flat belly :D I definitely want to keep my curves, so I know I can't lose too much. I plan on staying fit and exercising for the rest of my life as well!

I do need to lose more weight. I am still over weight. I am 5'3 and now 149. I think I have to reach 127 to have a normal BMI. I used to do weights when I lived on campus and had a free gym, but since I moved I just do everything in my room.

10. #30 Cold Beahs, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    bmi is a stupid made up stat so the insurance companies can rip you off. im over weight and i wear a size 31 and fit loosely in my medium shirt. we all have different bodies so bmi cant tell you everything.

i used to have an eating disorder, or a distorted body image (kind of still do) and i got upsessed with bmi. i lost way to much weight to fit into the average bmi and i was so skinny and week it was pretty bad. i've put on 35 pounds since then.

judging from that picture, you do not have another 20 pounds to lose. your just an athlete, and athletes are heavy by nature. i say lose 10 pounds and you will have a sick body. but you need to workout with weights

11. wow, congratulations.

you went from cute to hot!

12. Lol trust me I definitely don't want an athletic thick body, I am going for the more sexy look not athletic look, and I am not comfortable with only losing 10 more pounds, I don't feel like I am the best I can be. No point in coming this far and stopping at a point that is still overweight, I still have a belly, I used to be big so that is the last thing that is going to go. I don't want it, it's not going to go away in 10 pounds, I am not try to be a stick or anything I just want a healthy slim body. The only weights I use are the ones I use when I do turbo Jam. They are 2lb each and makes the workout more intense. I used to do strength training when I lived on campus and had a free gym, but I don't have access to that anymore.

Thank you!

13. Congrats!!! Wow, that's amazing, you should be real proud. I'm definitely inspired to really get the ball rolling with my weight loss goal. Lots of changes goin on in my life right now (all for the better), but I've already started going to the gym everyday, drinking a lot of water, and watching what I eat. Wish me luck! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    btw, I never thought I could smoke then hit the gym but man it's actually pretty awesome, haha I'm way more into my work out and focused..time flys.

14. Way to go, hot mama!

In terms of final weight goals; I'd say keep doing what you're doing and see what weight you end up stabilizing at. If it's a weight that you can hold with a sustainable lifestyle (i.e not inducing constant cravings), then that's your ideal weight.

As for weight training- it does not have to make you big. You don't necessarily NEED weight training, but it can be advantageous for women. The hottest girl in my gym (5' 4"ish, ~125 pounds) can squat 180 pounds. Man does she have a nice ass... but I digress.

Congratulations again; you look great!

15. good job =)

16. More pics :) Lost 12 more pounds :D If i can do it you can too :) My new secret weapon is egg whites! They are delicious and really healthy for ya! And You can't really have too much :D[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. aww that's crazy you look so good! haha seriously good for fucking you i almost know the feeling to some extent. live it up, but at the same time stay focused. this is a whole new you, and you already know this but now the hardest part is sticking with it. anyways congrats :D.

18. #38 iluvgreeen, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    Good for you! And good luck! You can definitely do it! And you are totally welcome! When people tell me I inspire them, it gives me the drive to push harder and keep bettering myself, so thank you for the push :) I used to smoke before working out a lot. But since I started running recently I can't anymore. I think it is causing the right side of my face to go numb :/ But anyways good luck on your weight loss journey dude :)

19. Aww thank you! I'm still working out and trying to lose and tone, I don't think I am ready to just try and maintain yet. Sticking with it is definitely hard, but I don't think I can EVER go back to my old lifestyle.

20. Thank you!! Haha it's funny you mention that because my right hand has started going numb when I smoke before working out, you're probably right may not be the best idea! I've already lost 10 lbs :wave: Thanks again, :)