i never thought i would happen

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ricky_Skaggs, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Sorry everyone. I quit smoking weed. I am sorry mainly to myself but i gotta do it or get kicked out of the Air Force. I went from smoking everyday to cold turkey. It was tuff but I did it. I haven't gone to boot camp yet so technically I am not part of the Air Force but I still can't smoke or I might get kicked out of the Delayed Inlistment Program. All my friends think I am stupid for joining but there is a time when you have to worry about bigger things than sitting in a garage and smoking weed all the time. It was never a bad thing and its still not I just need to make money! Too bad I can't do it being a lazy pot head. They don't support my desicion but you all do right?

2. Power to you for realizing what's important in the big scheme of life. I know I'll have to quit sometime, I just hope its later rather than sooner. Sweet Mary Jane will always welcome you back once your done with the Air Force though!

3. major props bro, i'm dreading the day i have to quit :(

4. i support anyone who takes care of their own business the way they want! :wave:

hometown alert: some people never get out of that garage and that's... okay! you'll always know where to get weed when you go home! :p

5. yea dude good for you, it takes a lot of balls to leave your stoner friends to get your life together.

6. Good Luck!! And Look At The Bright Side...you'll Still Be Getting High!!

7. Yea man propz to you for handling shit. Like the above guy said, you have your whole life to enjoy the ganja. Do what you need to do then go back to enjoying it.

8. Congrats, but keep in the back of your mind, that you can come back to the sheeba someday!

9. I did my time for Unky Sam Never will I Quit... Weed is no different than your sigs you buy at the store, just the man feels it is... Smoking is good for my PTSD from Unky Sams Little debaclein Icack!:hello:

10. I'm sure some of your friends support your decision... I mean I consider you a friend and I support your decision, bro. I wish you the best of luck and don't do anything stupid while yer gone...

11. The military is a respectable route in my opinion, plenty of my family members are veterans. At this point in life (going to college in the fall) it doesn't look like I will join the militiary. But I have respect for anybody who does. I may not support the war but I support the troops.

12. I'd way rather fly a jetfighter than get high personally.
    When I was in Afghanistan the highlight was some of the helicopter rides over villages and the landscape surrounding.

13. thanks everybody. I feel good about it and I know that I can always come back to my little town. Pot will still always be around too and that is a big relief! I hope i see some cool shit while I'm in. Thanks BillyD +rep.

14. yeah dude you gotta do what you gotta do. personally i wouldn't have joined the air force but thats why this world is awesome cause people have different ideas and different opinions. im really glad that you found your calling.

15. omg lmao
    that was good :hello:

16. You picked the best branch IMO....if I were to join anything I'd definitely join the Air Force

17. I'd join the Navy personally, but that's because I have had many relatives who joined the Navy.

18. + rep for maturity man.

19. I too have to quit smoking beause of the military, I'm in the army national guard and i started smoking after i joined go figure. In all reality i dont care if they test me i have been clean for about 2 weeks and in another 2 weeks i go back for my advanced training, after that though i will start smoking again. I have been in for 1 year yeah + and I have relized that if they want to kick me for smoking they can but they will lose a good solider. So yeah, i just though i would throw that in.

20. Yeah if I ever joined the military I'd probably wanna be a Navy pilot or something else in the Navy. After all, the Naval Academy is a 15 minute drive from my house.