I Never get my dabs right : ( Pure waste

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by joew, May 12, 2019.

1. I have been dabbing diamonds for over a year.
    I have just realised I am getting my dabs wrong and have been wasting about 90% of my concentrates.
    So despite a thousand youtube tutorials, My dabs were either always way too hot so not comfortable or tasty, or too low and would hardly burn, so I just got used to way too hot dabs, btw all my dabs seem to last one pull, after that its gone, or nasty tasting smoke.
    The other day I did what I guess is a real dab and OMG
    I have a few questions.......

Do I need to buy an expensive quartz banger that costs like over £100 or are my cheap £15 quartz ones fine?

Can I find a universal timing suggestion as none Iv seen so far work?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you

2. Get an e nail. You can dial in exact temps for your preferred dab I like right around 700-750 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Where can I but just the enail part?

I can only find whole enail dab sets with rig etc
    I just want the device to heat my own banger I alteady have

4. You can’t use your own banger. You have to use the one that comes with the nail. Quartz is still king IMO. Here’s the one I have

www.fourxx.com/product-category/enail/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Get a nectar collector or a laser thermometer. There is also cold starting, which is where you place your dab into the nail, cover it with your cap, then heat the nail and when it starts burning start hitting the rig and take off the cap.

• Like Like x 2
  6. What will a nectar collector do?

Thank you

7. It will allow you to not waste wax because you use a silicone puck with wax in it and move the nectar collector around the edges of the wax. Only using the amount of wax you need for a hit, which saves the rest and allows you to not waste anything.

8. All nails will need to be heated/cooled to a different level based on their thickness, you definitely don't need a $100+ banger, they may last longer but I think they are overpriced. Heat the nail for 30-40 seconds, then start experimenting with cool times. Use a timer to make sure it is right, start with 45 seconds, next dab do 50 seconds, next one 55 etc until you find the right temp.

My nail after I heat it, I wait a about a minute and 10 seconds, drop my dab in, put the carb cap on and get a nice dab pretty much every time, or I use a quartz insert which cuts down on waiting time and spreads your dab out over a longer time. With those you load your concentrate in the insert, heat your nail, wait about 20 seconds then drop the whole insert in the nail and carb cap and take your hit, the dab will take about 3-5 hits to finish this way.

Lastly, you can try a cold start dab, put your dab in your banger, cover it with your carb cap, then blast the bottom of your nail with the torch but with just the tip of the flame, when you see your concentrate start to melt/bubble, pull the torch away and take your hit.