I need your opinions

Discussion in 'General' started by Bud420, Apr 19, 2010.

1. By no means is this an advertisement.

I recently learned HTML/CSS so I figured I would try and make a website and collect some google adsense money.

So if you would be so kind as to critque mt websites

Design
    Content

and anything you feel would make my website better. It's just on the freewebs.com thing for now since theres no point in paying for a server and domain until it is finished.

http://lifestylechoice.webs.com/

2. It's very very basic and I don't predict that you would get any significant traffic with a site like that at all. Sorry man.

3. I'm no expert by any means, and it's been a few years since I've done any real editorial work, but here's what bothers me.

- Use of white space - you want clear concise vertical lines, it's not a proper essay so you can do without indentation
    - Line spacing, and overuse of bold text - generally in websites larger text sizes, and text accents like bold are reserved for section headers
    - Inconsistent headers - on my screen "Nutrition" "Exercise" and "Tips" don't line up, I'd also shy away from centered text
    - That social network connect bar on the bottom has to go, I'm not sure if that's something that your host puts there or if you did, but its got to go.
    - You want to set up any document that you create, regardless of the media, in a grid-like manner. Only exception I can think of is artistic poetry, or lists I suppose. If you're doing lists though, make sure you use bullet points or some sort of numeric indicator.
    - I think you could use some wider margins to reduce eye strain on your readers. A simple ~10-15 word column is easier on the eyes than text that sprawls across the entire width of the page
    - Times New Roman is a classic, but it's a bit hard on the eyes. I want to say Cambria is the newish web standard font, but I'm not sure

I'll throw an attachment up with some arrows to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

As for content, I'm the last person that should be giving anyone tips on being healthy, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the replies. By no means is this a finished product. I know excactly what you mean about the text. I felt there was something wrong with it I just didn't know what.

About the site being basic, like I said I just recently learned html and css so I really only know the basics lol

5. I think the titles and whatnot should be organized better, one title is in the center then the next one starts halfway across the page. The bold text definitely needs to be a smaller font, and the regular text a little bigger. The last thing that I can think of at the moment is that it needs more color. Iunno how exactly to explain it, but it doesn't feel very lively I guess you could say.

6. Alright thanks the text across the page was a typo on my part lol.

7. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I would actually recommend rethinking that design altogether. It's very flawed and basic in many ways.

But I can't say much, my first few websites were nothing special. It's all about improving with time. I started out when I was 12 and I'm currently 24 and I still learn new things all the time.

8. Lol there is nothing you could have said that would make me think your a jerk.

Is there anything specifically that stands out? Byw what are your websites I would love to see them. What could I do to make it look more professional?

9. If you do my computer science website design project for me, I'll pay you.

:(

10. lol if your serious believe me I will do it.