I need YOUR input

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Rage Quit Girl, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,
    I live in wisconsin & I really want to start doing my part to spread the good news about marijuana. I have several people willing to help me pass out information, pamphlets, etc. & we have a few spots mapped out to set up an informational table. If there was something that EVERYONE should know about marijuana, what would it be? Health facts, drug facts, anything would help me as I compile information for the general public. What do YOU want the American people as a whole to know about this perfect plant?

• Like Like x 1
  2. You need to contact Granny...er...Stormcrow. She'll have all you need.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

3. Check out NORML.org and you can get everything you need to know + some

Sent from my iPhone

4. Start with the basics like weed is a plant with many uses, etc. There's lots of medical info to pass along.  Then present points for skipping "medical", with all the problems it creates, and go directly to a legal self-cultivation model.  Avoid the tax trap - if people were spending a ridiculous amount on weed, they'll spend it somewhere else that generates sales taxes, but don't let the bastards hit you for 30% or more.
    Just think - WI could be the first state to avoid all the horseshit and return weed to what it is.

5. The only piece of information the American people need to be informed of is that cannabis has never caused anyone to crash while driving. Cannabis will not make you pass out like alcohol would. It is in the truest sense of the phrase "Fruit of the Gods" It will be your best friend when you're lonely, your blanket when it's too cold outside, and you're secret pill when you run out of cough syrup. :)

6. NORML.org has been around a long time and can provide free stuff [ physical stuff and info to use]

7. Hon, send me an email, or PM me yours! I will send you back over 1000 pages of links on cannabis and cannabinoids!

So what is important? This little gem from WebMD and it's study-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf

FYI- donepezil and tacrine = Aricept and Cognex; AChE-induced A or A = amyloid plaque, the stuff that gums up your brain in Alzheimer's.

“It is noteworthy that THC is a considerably more effective inhibitor of AChE-induced A‚ deposition than the approved drugs for Alzheimer's disease treatment, donepezil and tacrine, which reduced A‚ aggregation by only 22% and 7%,respectively, at twice the concentration used in our studies .Therefore, AChE inhibitors such as THC and its analogues may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease, augmenting acetylcholine levels by preventing neurotransmitter degradation and reducing A‚ aggregation,
    thereby simultaneously treating both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease.”

I think it is quite worthwhile to let the American public in on the "dirty little secret" that Aricept and Cognex are pretty well worthless as anti-Alzheimer's drugs, when compared to THC from cannabis! And THC is simply more fun!  :smoke:  I use the WebMD article frequently, when I'm commenting in the news.

Then there is this awful fact- 1 out of every 8 women will get breast cancer! :eek:  That is a totally unacceptable statistic when we are talking about our mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts and cousins! Now read what happens to deadly "triple negative" breast cancer cells when they are exposed to cannabidiol (CBD), the #2 compound in many cannabis plants.

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer      (news – 2012)
    http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Pot-compound-seen-as-tool-against-cancer-3875562.php#page-1

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.” 

The study it is based on and another article about it-   

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells.    
    (full - 2007)      http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921.long  

"In conclusion, CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness".    

Cannabis compound 'halts cancer'         (news - 2007)     http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7098340.stm

So after reading these, what do you think would happen if CBD were to be repeatedly injected directly into an Id-1 type tumor? Soon after it was discovered, huge doses of CBD were injected into volunteers  - with NO observable effects! No nausea, no pain, no panic, no "high", -  NADA! And like the rest of the phytocannabinoids, it is safe to use, even in large doses. :yay:

So, how about dropping me an email, so you can get your own copy of the List, and start finding more "interesting" facts about cannabis? :yay:

Granny

• Like Like x 1