Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need your help!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Joe., Jan 28, 2010.

1. Hey what's up everybody. I'm writing a paper tonight for my english class about the legalization of marijuana :hello:. I was wondering if you guys could help me out by stating some important facts about marijuana and help me disprove some of the common myths about marijuana, ex: "Weed causes cancer", "You will go on to harder drugs", "You will be lazy." That kind of stuff.

Thanks guys :)

Keep on tokin'

2. Dude, you'll be much better off scowering the web for some good, LEGIT resources. In an argument paper, the more concrete evidence, the better. How are you going to disprove those misconceptions without some facts? Anyways, the research is definitely out there, just look for it and you'll write a much better paper.

3. As the above poster said, you should do your own research. Start with NORML as they have a lot of good links and information...from there you should be able to find sources by link hopping pretty easily.

4. Oh I know that guys I'm researching right now. I just wanted some good things to argue about.

5. You could talk about the financial situation (tax revenue generated from legalization and the money saved from putting away hundreds of thousands for simple possession cases) as well as medical benefits and lack of negative health effects (just compare it to alcohol and tobacco). You can also argue the probably drop in crime legalization would cause (cutting off revenue streams for larger criminal enterprises. It's pretty easy to come up with points when it comes to legalization nowadays.

Hope this helps.