Harvest day NL auto

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by theylive, May 15, 2018.

1. Hello,

This is a northern lights auto that’s 5.1/2 weeks into flower. First indoor closet grow under an LED. I am tentatively going out of town in a week or so and would like advice if I should harvest before or give it a couple more weeks. I can’t do any bud samples due to bronchitis. There are a few Amber trikes on her, But not really visible in the photo. I’m five and a half weeks in, and the breeder recommends an eight week flowering time, But I don’t think I should go that long? Any recommendations is appreciated IMG_3499.JPG IMG_3498.JPG IMG_3501.JPG IMG_3488.JPG IMG_3489.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Be patient. If the strain calls for eight weeks, give it at least that. Early trichomes will turn amber but it is not a sign of maturity for the whole plant. Harvest when half are cloudy and half are clear. Most of the weight of the final product is going to come in these last three weeks. If your leaving town for more than a day you need to find a way to water them. Maybe a friend or pump on a timer. It looks great except for the minor burn on the leaf tips. Check the ph in the runoff and adjust your water to compensate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That thing could go 9-10 weeks depending on the wattage of your light. Most seed companies use 1000w lights or lie about the time it takes to harvest to seem more appealing to growers.
    Plant looks great watch trichomes, hairs, leaves, and how much it’s drinking for correct time to harvest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies, I’m just hypersensitive about harvesting too early or too late but I’ll give it a few more weeks. I really could use the space in my small grow room as another plant has taken over and gotten huge, they are both under one 300 LED (150W). I did add a CFL for the lower areas of the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. no early harvest is just a waste

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. So today is my first official harvest day. 110 days seed to harvest on this northern lights auto. I could’ve gone another week but really need the room in my grow. I just let this one grow naturally, no stress training or topping, just defoliation. The trichomes were about 20% Amber. I was mistaken when I originally posted about my trikes being ripe and I’m glad I waited! I really appreciate all the insight and advice on this forum, I have learned so much And I am excited about the new techniques I want to try on the next run. IMG_3671.JPG IMG_3670.JPG