i need your help

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_monk, Sep 25, 2013.

1. all my life ive had an inability to write "real" things. like research papers, and the likes. but the worst, would be writing about myself. i dont even like to talk about myself, now you want me to write it... yaaaa, no.

so anyway, my english teacher is having me write my college essay. the promp is very open, just write about something from your past that has had a profound effect on who you are....

problem is, there is no one thing that has had that "profound" effect on my life. my life has been made up of a million little things that shape who i am, cant write about that....

so were i need your help is, give me ideas of things to write. yea, im gonna lie on this essay  ;) its the only way i see it getting done. i dont plan on sending it to any colleges so im only doing it for the grade, so i dont think its realy "wrong" per say, to lie in this sense, more like a white lie

so can anyone think of what to write for this prompt?
    a person? place? event? something totally fictional that can fill 400 words (pathetic i kno, i really cant write tho) please please please help gimme some ideas!

i was thinking maybe a made up event where a friend inspired me to be the best guitarist i can be or something

2. Your assignment is to write a 400 word essay about something in your life that has shaped who you are? And you are having trouble doing that? I wrote 500 word "essays" back in 6th grade holmes. I could write this for you in 15 minutes.

write about your grandparents dying, or your aborted brother, or something like that. If youre gonna make something up it better be good otherwise you are wasting a good opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe you could do it honestly by not being super specific. Write about how living in your tiwn has impacted your life, the people youve met, the experiences you've had, etc.

I always thought those types of assignments were the worst. How can you gauge writing ability on a paper a person bullshits his way through because it was assigned and he has no interest in?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maybe the word "thing" in your past is what is making it difficult.

How is your relationship with your mom, dad, or siblings??
    I can tell you right now that My Mother is a big reason I am who I am today, she inspired me to never be afraid or ashamed of who I am and that confidence and support helped shape me into who I am today.

But honestly if you havent had anything in your lifetime so far that has been profound, dont lie about it. say it. Colleges will eat up an essay about how you havent had a profound moment YET, something to the effect of "The experiences I am going to have in college will mold me into the person I am meant to be" Blah Blah Blah.

Good Luck!!!

5. Dude I would just straight make shit up. Not like there gonna hire someone to investigate you.

I would always do that in school. Just make it somewhat believable.

6. i would say pick a moment in time in your life that made a difference or about your life goals and value.

worlds are cages, for ideas

7. ayyyy lots of good help here shout out to snoop toad for a great idea

im about to just start ripping the bong and making up stories and putting them in a bullet list