I need your advice, please help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by osimon23, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Hi, I'm simon, I'm interested in learning more about the growing industry, What are the problems that you dealt with?

2. I volunteer at a dispensary, so I have a good idea of what goes on there.

Problems? There are some I have noted.

Flaky suppliers of buds, concentrates, clones and paraphernalia. The dispensary ordered a couple hundred clones, but they never came. Orders for pipes and bongs are not always completely filled, and missing items may arrive weeks later.

Finding RELIABLE long-term employees. Most of the budtenders are college age kids and may leave suddenly. You get them trained so they know the products, can do inventory, etc., then they graduate and are gone! And you are back to square one, finding and training a new employee. The paperwork, managing inventory, cleaning and the frequent updating of WeedMaps, keep employees very busy.

And the prejudice against cannabis businesses is strong and shows up in many different ways.

Greedy politicians frequently keep adding more local taxes, rules and regulations, making business more difficult to operate. Zoning laws may relegate you to the industrial parks or outside of city limits.

Banks, being federally insured, are not allowed to deal with dispensaries. This means dispensaries need a big safe to keep their money in. You pay your bills and taxes in cash or money orders.

Credit card companies are the same way and won't do business with dispensaries.

And get a good lawyer, one versed in business law.

And here are a few articles for you.

Legal marijuana's all-cash business and secret banking. (news – 2013)
    Legal marijuana's all-cash business and secret banking

Marijuana Businesses Can't File for Bankruptcy. (news – 2015) Marijuana Businesses Can't File for Bankruptcy

Pot Dispensaries Flood California Tax Office With Weed-Smelling Cash. (news – 2016) https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pot-dispensaries-flood-california-tax-223457072.html

Legal Advice for Cannabis Startups: First, Invest. Then, Stay out of Jail. (news – 2016) Legal Advice for Cannabis Startups: First, Invest. Then, Stay out of Jail.

Here’s how to start a cannabis business on a budget. (news – 2019) Here's how to start a cannabis business on a budget | GreenState

Granny

• Like Like x 1