i need wand & torch help-will a Bernzomatic work?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by lezblazeit, Feb 22, 2011.

1. #1 lezblazeit, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
    im getting new rods made for me and i wanna buy a good torch that doesnt cost over $40. i went down to the local hardware stores and they have these for about $25
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now my question is, will these work to heat up my wands and which one is better?
    thanks GC :wave:

2. id go with the smaller butane torch as propane burns hotter which may end up damaging your rods

3. thanks.
    ...if propane burns hotter wouldnt that mean it would heat up faster so i wouldnt have to heat it for as long?

4. yes but it decreases the life of glass wands and nails, you'll be in the middle of heating it and boom, it will crack and explode..if that were a quartz wand i would say propane is ok.

5. ok i get it. i dont want it to explode! :eek:
    ...butane huh....do you recomend any i could prolly find at a local home depot or Ace Hardware? or am i gonna have to pay $40 on ATL for the one they got? cuz as of now my method of heating em up is with the stove lol so i wanna get something that will work and is portable(not in the kitchen only):smoke:

6. that smaller one of the two you have shown is a butane torch and is very inexpensive, you mentioned you can get one locally.:smoke:

7. i have and use the smaller one.

8. ok thanks a lot guys! :D im going to get the smaller one tomorrow morning:)

9. I have the second one, its been going strong for a couple of years now

10. Same here, it is indeed a beast. Much better than most butane torches, probably just a tad less reliable than a 50+ dollar torch.

11. so looks like im going to the home depot tomorrow! thanks every1 for the help.:wave: