I need ventilation help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the bear smokey, Sep 3, 2011.

1. #1 the bear smokey, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    I have a very small grow box. 21w x 16d x31t. I have a 150watt hps I am trying to use. I have 4 small air vents that I put in the box. I have a nice fan outside the box bringing in fresh air. I am having huge heat issue, what can I do to make it cooler and how do I do that? waht size fans do I need? how many do I need? where do I place them at? thank you for the help.

2. Put your fan inside the box.... I'm growing with the same type of light. Hey post some pictures if it's possible, so i could better help you.

3. what kind of fan would be good. I have just a simple walmart blow fan its like 10inch. I just have 4 seedlings. would the fan be too strong for them? I did a test run with the light. I hung it up about a foot from the bottom of the box, it was saying it was like 110 in there.

4. Um. well you could lay the fan on its side possibly. Also I've never grew from seeds but you might want to be careful how close you get the light to them. They may go into heat stress.I might start the light as high it can be,then move it down slowly as they come stronger. Or maybe create humidified areas around each seed. Might help protect them from the harsh heat so soon. Check it out. there's lots of people that set things up like this The plants really enjoy the fan though. Helps build the stem stronger and cooling...

5. so what would be a good fan? I seen air duct fans, booster fans, 4inch, 6inch and 8inch.

6. #6 WELLHELP, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    Any type, just need to move the air around. Maybe one that rotates from side to side. OR has three different levels that is plugged into a socket. So you don't burn shit loads of money on Batts. Always could put it taped somewhere in your box up high to help move the heat out the box through your constructed holes...

Post pictures ?

7. htgsupply.com good place for fans

Id high CFM fan to suck out air. Cooling is all about air exchange. cool air in hot air out. A 10inch fan from walmart doesnt move much air. A infline fan will though.

8. how big of a inline fan? and where would I place it? I will try and get pics up.

9. Thats something you have to figure out. You can hang them, bungie them, velcro it. All depends on your grow.

10. ok thanks, its just a small box. I bought a 150watt hps. I have 4 seedlings. 2 female buddah kush and 2 female white widows. I just wanna use the light because of more lumens. instead of using alot of cfl bulbs.

11. Start it high! Don't want to cause heat stress to your babies.... Have same light.

12. ok thanks for the help.