I need to vent

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by weedude5, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Alright so my grandpa moved in with us about 2 years ago. Ofc hes gotten older and his brain is going, which makes him forgetful and spacey sometimes. He talks about the same thing over and over. Now that doesnt really bother me because I understand what is happening.
    But every time he talks to my mom about something they already talked about or him being OCD about something, she gets all uptight and mad...why? Idk, but its been going on for some time now and 90% of the time they have an interaction, she comes complaining to me about the same shit almost everyday. I was understanding and attentive for a while but now its constant, multiple times a day. I even go to school and she sends me text's about shit hes doing that is annoying her.
    Guys I cant take this shit anymore, i dont have the energy for it now. i cant even be fun around people outside of my house.

2. I think you need to tell her that it's her business and relationship with him and to leave you out of it. Yeah she's frustrated, but she doesn't have to put that on you.

3. I'm assuming you've never been in a position where someone else's care has been entrusted to you. I also am going to assume that you've never lost a parent to death or dealt with a parent who is sickly and feeble either. Caring for the elderly is a very tough and STRESSFUL job. But when you stop just a minute and think about all those years they took their time and effort to care for you (or for your Mom as she grew up), it actually seems only a small sacrifice to give back to them in their old age. Your mother has cared for you in the same way her father cared for her and thank goodness she is willing to be there for him in his latter years when he really needs someone. Stop being so much about "me, me, me," and consider what you might do to help your Mom out. If you think YOU are getting stressed out. Just stop a minute and imagine what she's dealing with and having to go through. You don't even have a clue yet what it's like to be an adult. Enjoy that...it doesn't last forever. But be a decent son and pitch in to help with your Granddad. He certainly won't be around forever and at least you won't have any regrets when he's gone. Your mother is doing the best she knows how to do under the circumstances.

TWW

4. so am i suppose to make a list of shit ive done over the years to help family? or go with your word on me being a shit son? god forbid i vent once in a while to you guys and get a response like this

5. Is he your Mom's Dad?

If so she may also just be venting because her Dad was always a symbol of strength/protection as she grew up.

She is hurt and confused to see him this way. It isn't easy on her.

If not, then she may simply resent the extra burden.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  6. yea he is.
    nah he was a drunk

7. But he was her drunk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is the exact reason I do not want to grow any older than I am now in a PROHIBITION STATE. I couldn't imagine not being able to use cannabis as I grow older. It may be federally decriminalized at some point, but that just means the state's will decide to or not to. Oklahoma will still drag that shot out for decades.
    I think Colorado has the right idea.

Attached Files:

9. Move out

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. aww what to type.....
    @weedude5

"mom its how he is.... we get old and forget full. I deal with it as well and am willing to help, but god damit text some one else"

• Like Like x 1
  11. I remember having a similar thing happen with my mother and her father...

He passed about a year after the "annoying" things started..

A few weeks ago, on what would've been my grandparents anniversary, my mother said something to the effect of " I'd give an arm and a leg to be annoyed by him, just one more time..."

Treasure the time you have with him, try to have your mom do the same.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Don't worry my mom does the same thing with my grandma except she's perfect health, she just drives my mom batshit crazy lol