I need to rant a bit

Discussion in 'General' started by Blutteufel, Sep 26, 2007.

1. I am simply stunned at the kind of idiocy I am subjected to simply because of my preferred method of intoxication. I find it appalling that someone can get hopelessly drunk and still be regarded as an upstanding member of society, but you so much as mention that you know someone that smokes grass, and all of a sudden you are a criminal and a pariah.

I am willing to bet obscene amounts of money that the second marijuana is legalized in North America (with the possible exception of Canada, what with our somewhat lax pot laws) that 90% of the people formerly opposed to it would suddenly regard it as a perfectly acceptable and social commodity, because if the government says it's good, then by all that is holy, it's good. It's just another testament to the near-absolute and somewhat frightening control the government has over the opinions of the common citizen.

One of my theories is that they actually realized they were completely wrong, but they are so full of themselves that they can't admit it, so they continue attempting to vainly lie through their teeth and label anyone who opposes their ideas as "dangerous" and "unpatriotic" or some such slanderous garbage simply because they can't get their way. Another of my theories revolves around the idea that the government lacks the mental capabilities to realize the difference between something being the most widely-used drug and the most dangerous drug, so they forbid research into any of its proven benefits and focus solely on the negative effects, of which there far less than positve ones. I doubt they even try anymore, and just toss out any evidence that it's actually not something sent here by the devil to corrupt children and call it "whimsical."

And then, when they can't have their way and get everyone to stop smoking/selling/growing or whatever, they throw a temper tantrum like a four-year-old who can't convince his mother to take him to the park and start destroying things, namely, the truth. "Marijuana funds terrorism?" Not likely, unless you bought it from Osama, and even then, he was probably just trying to dump some schwag on the first person he came across. "Marijuana promotes criminal activity?" Apart from buying, growing, selling or smoking it, no, no it most certainly does not. Does anyone else feel like going out and stealing cars and burning down churches after puffing a joint? No way in hell. Not once have I felt a violent urge while high. In fact, I get quite the opposite reaction, and feel calm and relaxed. "Marijuana causes unplanned pregancies?" So, you're trying to tell me that if you smoke pot, it makes you pregnant? Damn, they weren't even trying with that one. "Marijuana makes you have suicidal thoughts?" Now they're just making it up as they go along. The closest thing I EVER had to a suicidal thought while high was when I was playing San Andreas and decided to take on the cops, FBI and military with a six star wanted level and less than full health and armour, and that's about the most suicidal thing you can do in that game. "Marijuana makes you lazy?" Yeah, try telling THAT to a guy that plays hockey and basketball, rides a bike over 20km almost every day, manages a Future Shop and volunteers for Meals on Wheels on the weekends.

They are fighting a losing battle, and are so deluded by their own power that they don't even realize it. You can't simply get millions of people to stop doing something, let alone wipe out a plant entirely. Prohibition failed with alcohol, and it's slowly dying with marijuana.

2. You're completely right.

But I have accidentally splooged in a girl when I was high, nothing bad ever came of it but eh, just something to jot down.

But Marijuana is just another testament to how governments control the opinions of their people, even when they don't think it is happening. Just take a look at the ahman speaks thread. People on there are heavily influenced by our government and they don't even realize it.

3. Yeah, but that can just as easily happen when you're sober. They try to pass off such things as unavoidable, which is what really pisses me off.

4. Well, yeah. I do that after everytime I take a puff. Who doesn't? All potheads are excessively violent. Duh.

They're excuses/reasoning/logic is very laughable. The only crime I commit is free thought.

Funding terrorism? Yeah, like how they scare us everynight with their terrorist news cells? The media is terrorism.

5. you make a very good point one that i have always thought about, and i came down to the conclusion of ignorance.

6. I hopefully speak for everyone on this forum when I say that you're absolutely right. +rep, for sure.

7. The sooner you come terms with the fact that most people will talk completely out of their ass about a topic they know nothing about, the sooner you will reach peace.

The tide is turning in our favor. Im saving up all my "booyah, in your face sucker" rants for the day that the anti marijuana bs comes tumbling down. Until then Im ignoring all of the suckers who do not know any better.

8. Heh heh. I have a few of those. Can't wait until I can use them.

9. you sir, i 100% agree with. even if i didnt smoke weed, id completely agree. how can you even believe or trust anyone (govenment) that fucks you over since the day you were born?

10. Exactly. I consider most things the government says to be bullshit until proven otherwise.