I need to quit weed, but I dont want to....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cougarelli, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Many alcoholics drink because they are bored. Addictive habits are often the result of being otherwise bored without much of a life. A person is far better off with a balanced life with activities and hobbies instead of making it all about getting high.

Also your physical issues may be that first you smoke too often that is bothering your throat and second are causing a constant unnatural neurotransmitter depletion state at your nerve synapses and CB1 receptor sites with a resulting unbalanced mellow body chemistry as your body tries to compensate. Like long ago you bought into the notion that those that enjoy weed the most smoke all the time. And that is wrong as most cannabis users have never smoked all the time, just the hard core.

35 million Americans use pot monthly (14% of Americans) with twice that number having tried it at least once during their lives. But only about 9 million use cannabis daily although this board has a much higher percentage of daily and heavy users.

Thus 4 times as many smoke occasionally. Many are professional 8-5 m-f workers that usually don't smoke during their work week so the fog and haze doesn't impact their career. I've smoked decades but only occasionally as have always preferred a clean fresh high after tolerance breaks. Now retired and able to smoke as often and and much as I want, I still don't do that because a fresh clean high is enormously better. I'll smoke no more than 4 straight days, usually just a couple, and only about a gram of top THC flower each of those days so not smoking all day. By the third day I might smoke all day and never come close to how high I get after just a few day's t-break regardless of what it is. And worse, feel increasingly mellow, sleeping, unmotivated, unproductive.

2. If they're drinking out of just pure boredom they don't meet the definition of alcoholic. If all it takes is spicing up your life a bit to quite, you're not alcohol dependent. I've battled my rounds with it. Been to a ton of meetings and rehab, never once did I meet an alcoholic who drank only when they're bored. It may have been an excuse they used when they drank but as they got further into recovery they realized they were dependent and not just bored

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It is true there are a range of reasons why people daily drink alcohol and or take drugs but with some, boredom is a common reason or at least a strong contributing factor. In any case it is a much too complicated subject beyond the thread subject. Search on the the web "alcohol drugs boredom" and one will receive a long list of hits including profession addiction sites like this:

https://www.12keysrehab.com/boredom-and-relapse/

4. I agree; I believe most people would defer to being in an altered state of mind if they had the time... Sure, you have the people who are 100% sober always, but that is very rare and even those people are still left looking for an escape, whatever that may be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. All things in moderation grasshoppa

6. I've been to the er for this. Quit smoking for 3 years afterwords. I smoke every day now and enjoy it. Pick up a new strain everytime. I occasionally have panicked feelings but I've quickly learned to overcome them. Understanding my mind, being very introspective, and proper dosing with my bud is how I beat it.

7. #47 hardrokker, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Addictive habits are ...
    (deleted text as mistakenly posted in this old thread)

8. I’ve been sober for 42 days in the last 4 years I have to quit for a new job in 3 months not lookin forward too it pain n not sleeping is what I fear. Good luck to ya first 7-14 days is the worse.

9. #49 CrazyLettuce, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    My Brothers the same way kind of. Thinks he cant breathe, and feel like hes swollowing his toungue.

10. Must have been an issue of quality of weed that you are taking

11. I've had the exact same issues minus the throat closing thing. Been diagnosed with social anxiety/social phobia before & weed ALWAYS makes my anxiety MUCH worse so I never smoke when I'm going out. It eases me when I'm alone or with close friends, but I definitely get to points where I've smoked too much & I just feel uncomfortable as fuck.
    Cutting down & healthy eating has helped tremendously in my experience. Also positive thinking goes a long way, because it most likely is all in our head. Hope this situation improves man.

12. Well wtf ,, that's from one end of the chart to the other ...
    try some Thai Stick .. or some weed that is low CBD and moderate to low THC levels ..
    It might not work ,, but WTF either is anything else ..

What about just Hash ...