I need to quit weed, but I dont want to....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cougarelli, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Stop smoking for a month and when you start again only use a fraction as much as you were using, I mean a small fraction like 10% and for you that would be half a toke, a tiny pinch in your bowl. You're not enjoying it now so take this old smokers advise and give it one last chance, what do you have to lose? I think you'll find that enjoyment again.

Taking a month off is important for this to work. Your endocannabinoid system is responsible for bliss and yours is broken. Only clean time will allow it to heal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yes absolutely.....but the issue is im having difficulty quiting....i have some sort of demented dependency

3. First, I'd like to suggest that if you're continuing down the smoking path you consider doing what Cactus Ed suggests...and the thing is? It's not actually that difficult to quit...people think it is, because it's more comfortable not to, change requires effort and all that...all this one requires is that you don't buy weed.
    Willpower. You've got it, it's just your weak muscle right now when it comes to weed.

You'll have up to a week of issues where
    *You don't feel like you'll be able to sleep.
    *You likely won't eat as much.
    *You'll be thinking the whole time "Hey, ok...I'd rather be stoned".
    *You may feel slightly listless and "at a loose end".
    But that's all - No aches and pains, no going mental and banging your head against a wall.
    I'd suggest excercise or long walks for getting you through these times...make yourself physically tired, because your mind will not be having the easiest time...it is what it is.

When you actually DO this, you will realise from an alternative perspective how easy it would have been to do the whole time, and that most of the perceived difficulty is that you've got a habit.
    It's your normal.
    Nothing is instant...but you're not dependent, you're "just used to it."
    You will find that if you do this for a week, the next week will be kind of similar but much easier, you'll fall into a more normalised sleep routine, your natural appetite patterns will kick in.
    By week 3? You might occasionally think about getting stoned...
    Week 4, I doubt it'll be in the forefront of your mind at all...and by then your body, has become used to not relying upon it for relaxation and/or appetite enhancement.
    THEN, like he said...use gradually and sparingly, and don't always chase the super high every day/night...you don't always have to be fucked up...there's levels...just not a lot of people put much time into learning to enjoy all of them when they start their relationship with weed, and often get themselves to a bit too much of a saturation point early on - only you can ensure which level you choose to stay on.

I'd also like to jump in and offer the alternative suggestion of buying a vapouriser?
    Not a shitty cheap one, and not one of those bullshit liquid vapes - spend a few bucks.
    I myself would recommend either the portable OR desktop models of either "arizer" or if you want to spend a few more bucks, "storz and bickel". Both amazing.

The reason I suggest this, is that while I'm *never* really outwardly socially comfortable while using cannabis at the best of times, those things are exacerbated by smoking - I don't really get any of the negative pshychological and/or psychosomatic effects from weed when I vapourise it.
    This could well apply to the effects you've been feeling as well.

It takes a while to get used to, you won't feel like you're getting as much out of it for the first month, you won't be quite as stoned initially, but you'll get a buzz and it will take the edge off - and then...it starts making (and helping) you eject all your existing congestion, improves your lung capacity and function.
    As your lungs become clearer, you'll be able to get higher/longer and if you put in the time and patience, it will be well worth it - I know several people, myself included that have gone over the vaping and not look back.

Either way, good luck with your decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have you ever considered that you might have an anxiety or panic disorder?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wow, I really appreciate your insight, it was really helpful. Ans thank you for your non judgmental approach. I will take your advice... but I'm curious about vaporizers now...i found the Arizer Air Vaporizer online...is that a decent one?

6. Absolutely

7. No worries, everyone has a different journey - I say all options should be brought to the table, and support/info offered from a variety of perspectives...I guess thats why this place is good. Absolute shit-tonne of members from lots of different places and walks of life.

The Arizer air I havent used personally, that's their very compact portable right?
    I hear good things, and I've used two of their other products so I would say it is "of quality".
    I'd say something like the "extreme" might be better in terms of a transition. Bigger and slightly more expensive, but it will give you a better and more comparable-to-smoking experience from the get-go.

8. Like Cheeba said, it's easier to stop than you think. The hardest part is making a firm decision to stop and that happens before any of the "withdrawals" starts. Perhaps it would help to think of a month tolerance break as treatment for an illness because your endocannabinoid system is sick. It's designed to work on incredibly small amounts of cannabinoid and smoking pot floods the system until it's overwhelmed and stops working. That's where you're at.

Keep in mind you don't have to quit smoking pot like addicted people quit cigarettes, a tolerance break is just a pause. If you can't stop smoking pot for a month then there's no hope for you, you're not happy smoking and you think you can't stop so you may as well work on accepting your condition as being permanent. Gather your courage and make a commitment to stop for 30 days. The worse that will happen is you'll be unable to sleep well for a few days and life will be really boring. Food won't be as good but some smokers need to lose the munchies for a while anyway. I usually lose ten pounds or so when I pause.

9. My issue with weed is that I just fall asleep man. Don't matter how much or what type. My ass is going to bed after I smoke

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I couldn't smoke it when I was younger cause it was getting stronger now I just smoke whatever the fuck is in front of me you just have to develop a tolerance until you build it up to big then you have to detox to start over lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Dam I've had this for nearly 20 years, anxiety can be dealt with most of the time but the bloody Panic Attack's are dreadfull. I have to knock my self out...

12. Routine daily for 20 years yeah I’d have a hard time too they say 30 days to make a habit 365 x 20 dunno what that is? Gotta change routine I’m assuming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Have you considered smoking the weakest strains possible? I mean just to take the edge off, I’m literally a worse person for not smoking it, if I was stoned 24/7 in life, which I am, I’ll succeed

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I just bought a cbd strain with 5% thc...and it was the latest strain to give me the throat closing sensation which I find very strange

15. Micro dose. Literally take the smallest hit you can, give it 5 min, repeat as needed. It was like that for me too when i smoked again after a year long T break. I had to go super easy on it. Vaping really helped me for getting little hits so you might try it. Give it time, it will pass.

• Like Like x 2
  16. If it isn't an allergic reaction it is most likely anxiety/paranoia. Sounds terrible. After 30 plus years of enjoying weed on and off, I hope to never feel that a break is beyond my control.

Medical Marijuana Card | Medical Marijuana Doctor

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The problem sounds like you don't want to quit.
    You sorta kinda think you should, but you don't really want to. There's a difference.
    Until you WANT to, or are isolated from it so you can't, you're going to continue in this struggle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I believe weed can be addicting, especially if you keep using it with negative consequences. I used to smoke everyday after work but when I wanted to find a better job, I quit for about 6 months and since then I have lost most of my desire to get high (been about 2 years now and I smoke maybe a handful of times throughout the year)

look for some new hobbies you can enjoy when you usually feel like smoking. Also find someone to hold you accountable if you're really serious about stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum