i need to know if this is normal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokinafatty, Oct 29, 2008.

1. well i have started growing 5 plants. i had 5 seedlings. 3 of them look good the other 2 look way smaller. i have removed the smaller ones.my question is, the seedling are about 2 inches tall. theyhave three sets of very noticable leaves.1 leaf, then 3 leaves. next was their first set of 5 leaves. the plants look like they will have nice bud sites.now should i be expecting a growth spurt over the next week or so? this is exactly 1 week to the first day of sprout. is it normal for seedlings leaves to be so tightly grouped together? i am veging under 4 / 4 foot floro tubes. all with daylight bulbs which produce about 2700 lumins each. i am als thinking about adding 3 more 100 watt cfl's which i will be getting from walmart its a g.e.brand..... someone please help me, am i off on the right foot?

2. First, not sure if you should have removed the smaller ones. In my experience, males tend to grow much faster then females. So, I hope you didn't just toss a couple of ladies.

Second, it is good to have tight spacing in your nodes. This is what you want. If your plant starts to stretch too much, you will run into problems.

Do you know the wattage of your floro tubes? Ideally you want 100W per plant. So, if you are way under that it could be the cause of slow growth.

Personally, I think you just need a little patience. Your plants will grow at their own pace. As long as they look healthy and are getting enough light you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Good luck.

3. patience young jedi.

keep the lights on them for at least 18 hours a day, have good airflow, and water when the top .5 to 1" of the soil is dry (when you can poke your finger in and it comes out dry). forget about everything else for the next couple of weeks, that's all you gotta do!

sounds like you're doing fine so far.