I need to get this off my chest...

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Gummo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. I just need to say, that I can't believe we live in a world where shows like My Name is Earl and KING OF THE HILL get cancelled, while Family Guy is still going (and gets a spinoff none the less!)

Anyone agree?

2. I'm as big a fan as anyone of King of the Hill, I've got a bunch of seasons on DVD, but it had definitely run its course

The character of Lucky was one of the final things that helped it jump the shark

3. Tru
    lol@ Jump the shark
    [​IMG]

4. Agreed, as much as I like Tom Petty, the addition of Lucky kind of killed it for me. It had a LOT longer of a run than was ever expected, time for it to go off gently into that good night.

Plus Earl was really expensive to produce apparently, and the writing had gone down hill ever since Earl went to Prison. I wish though that they'd give Joy a spin-off show, that would be hilarious.

Television as a medium is designed for the short term. Show that actually last 10 years or more are a rarity, not the norm.

5. I like familey guy, it's always fun trying to spot the Rhode Island references they use. King of the hill was a good show, had a lengthy run but good things must come to an end eventually.

6. i tell ya what

Attached Files:

7. ^^^ I LoL'd

8. I liked Lucky in King of the Hill.

The only episodes of KOTH that are bad, are the ones that focus on Bobby.

9. And The Sarah Connor Chronicles, too, :(

10. Agreed! I'd much rather watch King of the Hill or My name is Earl over Family guy any day.

11. Man.. I don't know if I'm the only person but..

King of the Hill is boring as hell.

It comes on every fucking night twice and I have to change the channel and watch something else like Forensic Files heh.

I mean it seems almost as if they try their hardest to have as little humor as possible in the show, I swear I'd fall asleep if I watched an entire episode. I have never seen the appeal of the show at all! He shoulda stayed Beavis and Butthead's neighbor and never gotten his own show.

I say the same for Tim and Eric, and Squidbillies.. I really love ATHF, Metalocalypse, and Lucy the Daughter of the Devil, Superjail is pretty nuts too.. and Family Guy.. but every episode has been played out.. I miss old MTV style animations, all this mighty boosh and tom goes to the mayor shit sucked.

Oh well, thats my opinion. :smoke: