I need to gain weight

Discussion in 'General' started by malady, Jan 7, 2005.

1. so you guys need to fucking help. Im liek so scrawny an im sick of it, i need to put on some weight or bulk up or somthing( i think its because im asian an have a fast metabolism) but really there must be a way.

and no iwont trying any of that gnc shit.

any suggestions would be apreciated.

2. So sumo wrestlers also have fast metabolisms b/c their asian? Sorry, I just always feel the need to shoot down generalizations.

I feel your pain though. I'm 20 years old, 5'11" and 135lbs with only 11% body fat. Whenever I try to put on weight, I lose it instead. Actually, the best thing to do to gain weight is eat LOTS of protein (chicken, fish, peanut butter, etc) and lift weights a lot. If you really want to bulk up, try finding some steroids. I know you're thinking steroids are bad, but that's only if used improperly. If you cycle them correctly (6 weeks on, 4-6 weeks off) then in a few months you can put on a good bit of weight. My little brother only did half a cycle and put on 15 lbs. He worked out like a mother fucker though, at least 2 hours every day. Just remember that roids aren't bad if used correctly. You won't develop bitch tits or get too much estrogen in your system if you remember to cycle properly. I don't see anything wrong with doing a couple cycles while eating properly and working out will help you to gain some mass. It's only when steroids are overused that problems arise. Also, a lot of that gnc "shit" is good stuff. But you can usually get the knockoff stuff cheaper at vitamin barn. NO2 or NOX (all that brand name shit) help increase bloodflow which means more nutrients get to your muscles. If you take Animal Pack you get to down a bunch of vitamins every day that put a shit ton of nutrients into your body so you can build muscle.

If you're completely opposed to taking anything to help gain weight (which personally I consider closed minded when one doesn't evaluate each substance individually) than read up in muscle and health magazines to learn how to eat right and then work out a bunch. Set yourself a good routine and remember to swap upper body and lower body on different day. Also, swap going for your max and working on endurance every so often.

I've coached several people through gaining weight and working out, I'm just too lazy/cheap to do it myself. Plus, I'm happy with my fast metabolism. I can eat all I want and not have to worry about anything but a coronary sometime in the future.

3. I have the same problem; i can't gain weight.... easily

Im about 6 foot and currently weigh 150lbs but im gaining weight slowly but surely. i've just started working out again, every day. upper body one day, lower body next day. buy whole milk, eat peanut butter raw (delicious :p), lots of non fat free yogurt (especially after workouts), poltry, and vitamins. I used to drink about a gallon of water a day, and that made me stay thin, i cut back and started drinking whole milk instead. and if you want, smoke some bud and munch out hardcore everyday. good luck...

4. heh im not opposed to that gnc stuff of anything like it. i just feel liek a idiot walking into the place buying it. yeah that sounds stupid but i got no cash anyways. all my money goes to ganja

5. Ok here is the deal. Weight gain drinks taste like crap (you will probably not be able to drink any a full glass) and you don't actually get much out of it.

Here try this http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1610,157168-241207,00.html it has like 3,000-4,000 calories per pan. It also tastes pretty good. You could also try eating pints of icream they usually have alot. Just get high and make a pan of that if you get the munchies just down it all.

Don't forget to exercise at the same time or it will just turn to fat.

6. For some reason I don't think he just wants "weight." When most people want to gain they want mostly muscle mass. Eating pans full of those cookie bars and pints of ice cream isn't exactly a balanced diet. The best diet for putting on muscle mass is a modified version of atkins. Try to drop as much fattening, sugary, and processed stuff as you can. Instead eat as much protein as possible. And at the very least get yourself some multivitamins to make sure you're getting all your nutrients.

7. Why don't you go to WWW.menshealth.com they'll probably be able to tell you how to gain weight in more detail than a bunch of stoners....

8. hey, i take offence to that.. i may be a stoner, but i still know how to stay in shape...

[​IMG]
    that was a little bit ago, but i'm back on my workout plan. i gotta get in shape for spring break florida beaches and bitches :p

9. ..didn't mean to be offensive :D