Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lack of Appetite I need to gain weight

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by EricaFormanBud, Dec 21, 2016.

1. So I've been really stressed and my anxiety / depression has gotten worse due to a couple factors, causing me to lose appetite and weight unintentionally quick. If Marijuana helps me gain my appetite, should I keep using it? I just read an article about how cannabis makes you lose weight. I'm small enough as it is. I'd like to gain at least 10 lbs..
    I'm not one for pharmaceutical fixes. I've had trouble with those, they eventually make me feel worse.
    So. What do you think?

2. Yeah its weird I always thought smoking weed helped you gain weight but I've been skinny through all these years. My friend was 220 and he started smoking, in a couple months he was 180. It's weird bro.

3. I think its because some people won't eat unless they smoke.

4. I eat, just not much. A quick Google search has led me to believe Marijuana makes you thinner. Not exactly what I was hoping for. :confused: Man... now my anxiety is bad again.

5. I'm currently 111 lbs and 5'5, so I'm hoping for a few pounds to be gained. Otherwise..Im at a loss. When I was working, smoking and eating all the time I was a healthy 130 a year ago. Damn....

6. Keep smoking weed if it helps you eat. Also you can try mixing some ice cream, a cup of whole milk, two scoops of whey protein and frozen berries in the mornings and at night and drink that. Whole milk and ice cream are great ways to gain weight and so is eating protein. The berries add flavor while the milk helps soften everything making it easier to drink.

• Like Like x 2
  7. just eat a bunch of cheetos

8. Weed and pizza..... weed and pizza.....

9. I'd be curious about that article I have never heard that before. I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. Wont get into details. I have what you have & you can add neuropathy, auto immune, and also about 4 years ago came down with an infection were I lost 30 lbs and can't get it back like you. Cannabis, go for it all the way I may not be getting my 30 lbs back but I wouldn't even have an appetite without it, get on leafly good start to give you an idea on which strains will give you the munchies.

10. Thanks. I'm drinking 2 small protein shakes a day but I may have to up it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Also ever experienced a body high where you cat tell if you're full or hungry? Hate that. <~>

12. Try and eat more nutrient dense/calorie dense food. Ice cream was a great suggestion.

13. #13 Galaxy420, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    cannabinoids regulate homeostasis in your endocannabinoid system which is a part of your digestive system- hence the munchies... cannabis use does not just make you skinny it regulates your weight to a healthy degree and being lean is more efficient than heavy while homeostasis is being achieved... your metabolism will be higher (pun) while ingesting cannabinoids so be sure and eat the good fats in plenty to boost your mind and body. some strains too will make you feel hungrier than others...

14. Smoke up, get the munchies and live on nothing but fast food for a month. And excercise (but not too much). Good luck!

Lofthouse frosted sugar cookies will get you fat. Also raise your blood sugar. I give crappy advice sometimes. Do not follow my lead I am a loser.

• Like Like x 1
  15. yeah- reports in that after five days of nothing but fast food you're considered clinically dead.. cannabis helps with that!