I need to find a way to get some light in the canopy.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by justus315, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Hey all, so I got baked and decided it was a good idea to re-do the LST'ING on my plant, now it's utter chaos and I think I also may have tied them down way to low, any suggestions on how to get some light under the canopy?
    [​IMG]

I wanted to switch the current bin to the smaller one pictured and throw some cfl's under it, but never got enough feed back to make a decision.
    I need some opinions or advice on this...[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Put a screen over it, scrog it out, then cut off everything below the screen. This will increase yield be diverting energy to the bigger buds up top, which will all be getting tons of light, and will all get really fat, especially if you keep them all about the same height. Check out the grow in my sig for pics of what I'm talking about. I LST'd this one first, then scrogged it like I said. I'm still waiting for some to dry, but I think I got at least 5oz maybe almost 6.

3. Throw those CFLs under it :)

4. I want to bro. I'm just concerned about the... I guess, root to water/nutrient ratio. I have no problem changing fresh nutes more frequently, I'm just wondering what the adverse effects of changing to a smaller bin would be at this point. After all, I don't want to switch one problem for another...

5. I never did a dro grow and never really researched it, I wish I could help you with that question X.x

6. ^^^ S'all good man, it's the thought that counts. I don't think i'm gonna switch anyways. The past 2 days she's been real thirsty, so if I switched i'd be topping more often than i'd like, so i'll probably i'll probably just go grab a clone and throw it in the pretzel container.

7. I jammed through your whole thread last night but was too tired to comment.
    Jesus christ that cola by the mouse is huge! That shit looks so tasty bro. I only have a 150 watt hps and 116 watts of cfl's so i'll be happy as shit with an ounce, man.
    In regard to chopping the bottom,Your plant obviously speaks for itself. My concern is how well my plant will respond to the culling with the amount of light I have. I'm totally itchin to do it though. At what point in flowering did you chop em? I think i'm maybe 5-6 days from switching to 12/12, fuck I hope she's a she.

8. I did it w/ in a few days of switching to 12/12.

The trick is to cut out all the shit that's not getting light, so then the whole plant, (what's left) is getting plenty, and since it's not wasting energy growing little popcorn buds at the bottom, you get lots of fat fat colas. That plant ended up being 5.5oz dried, and I planted it on easter and harvested it last week.

9. I''m not sure what to trim and how much. If I upload some closer shots do you think you could outline what you would generally chop?

10. Take off the bottom 1/4th to 1/3. Try and get the screen to where everything under it is gone and all the tops are about level with one another.

11. i agree that the bottom of the plant needs to be trimmed up. i'm not sure if supplemental light would help with foliage that thick.

12. Ok. I chopped her a bit and although I feel I did too much. i definitely didn't clear the bottom canopy. Let me know if it's not enough or too much guys, thanks. And hopefully I can go hit Home Depot tomorrow and make my scrog...

[​IMG]

Here's how much came off[​IMG]

13. I'm wanting to stay away from chopping off single fan leaves, right??

14. Only the ones blocking bud sites.

15. Well I wound up taking out pretty much the whole bottom which was at least 20 more fan leaves, damn I hope I didn't kill her :(

16. It wont die. Watch!

17. idk about dro mnuch but splint it and put some 26 watt cfls daylights get a 4 pack.