i need to eat vegetables. but i dont understand how?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fruitality, Jan 12, 2014.

1. i mostly eat meat. like probably 75%-85% of stuff i eat is made from meat (steaks, bacon, fish, sausages, beef/pork roast, meatballs, shrimp, etc)

i drink blended frozen berries or other fruit with my protein shakes. for some antioxidants and fatty seeds. and sometimes i snack on roasted nuts or trail mix.

i eat vegetables sometiems but i really have no idea what the fuck im doing.
    so my question is, what kind of vegetables do i need to supplment my awesome ketogenic diet, how should i prepare them?

2. #2 ReturnFire333, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014

I'm the opposite of you OP, my diet consists of vegetables and grains, with very little meat. I don't do anything crazy with vegetables I just buy steamfresh vegetables like broccoli, broccoli cauliflower and carrots, potato blends etc, but I do not microwave them in the plastic. I take them out of the plastic, fill the bottom of a frying pan with some water not much, and boil them in the frying pan for about 5 minutes from the time that the water is boiling with the vegetables in it. After that drain the water, throw in a knob of butter or sprinkle with cheese (preferably not both, high fat content) and salt & pepper to taste, sometimes I can make a dinner out of vegetables alone.

You can throw vegetables like this quickly and easily on the side of almost any plate.

3. #3 aToker, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    [quote name="fruitality" post="19326583" timestamp="1389549200"]i mostly eat meat. like probably 75%-85% of stuff i eat is made from meat (steaks, bacon, fish, sausages, beef/pork roast, meatballs, shrimp, etc) i drink blended frozen berries or other fruit with my protein shakes. for some antioxidants and fatty seeds. and sometimes i snack on roasted nuts or trail mix. i eat vegetables sometiems but i really have no idea what the fuck im doing.so my question is, what kind of vegetables do i need to supplment my awesome ketogenic diet, how should i prepare them?[/quote]If you can invest a couple hundred in a juicer, vegetables taste great with a mixing of fruits. Otherwise try carrots with ranch, spinach, lettuce, and tomato salad topped with shredded cheese. or instead of using buns for your burger wrap lettuce around it as a bun!

4. make salads, fry some green beans in soy sauce and oil with some garlic, eat fruits since theyre delicious and healthy, strawberries apples bananas etc

i have a blender, is that not the same thing as a juicer?

i love fruits but i dont want to eat too many because of the sugar

7. #7 aToker, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    [quote name="fruitality" post="19331337" timestamp="1389602582"]i have a blender, is that not the same thing as a juicer?[/quote]A blender blends it together, while a juicer actually breaks down each nutrient into a water type liquid which allows your body to absorb as much as possible. If you are dedicated to drinking them frequently then go for it!To start off I'd buy some apples, carrots, spinach, berries, and broccoli. It actually tastes good too. Oh and again If possible buy the organic ones.Sent from my iPad Air

8. Just eat some salad every day and add some steamed veggies in your diet.Steamed broccoli is awsomeSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. [quote name="aLoner" post="19331345" timestamp="1389602699"]A blender blends it together, while a juicer actually breaks down each nutrient into a water type liquid which allows your body to absorb as much as possible. If you are dedicated to drinking them frequently then go for it!To start off I'd buy some apples, carrots, spinach, berries, and broccoli. It actually tastes good too. Oh and again If possible buy the organic ones.Sent from my iPad Air[/quote]Never use broccoli in a vegetable juicer.Fucking nasty shit!my favorite juicing recipe is - celery as my green, some onions and scalions, and some raddishes and tomatosSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I use it every morning it tastes wonderful with a mix of veggies/fruits.

11. when you steam vegetables they loose 1/3 of the nutrients.

12. Yeah....I try and cook my veggies least much as possible when I do cook em.

13. Blend it, or use a juicer if you don't have money..

Today I juiced a whole thing of broccoli, handful blueberries, 3 carots, 5 celery sticks, and a handful of blackberries into 2 drinks. I could've never eaten that if it wasn't juiced just saying

14. [quote name="aLoner" post="19340792" timestamp="1389740464"]I use it every morning it tastes wonderful with a mix of veggies/fruits.[/quote]to each his ownSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. [quote name="aLoner" post="19340795" timestamp="1389740510"]when you steam vegetables they loose 1/3 of the nutrients.[/quote]Yea but they taste better. And it still trumps eating a hot.pocket.Also i eat fresh celery and carrots and salads to suppliment my nutrient needs.I like steamed broccoliSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Grill cauliflower. I munch on fruits when i get the munchies. Kiwis, blueberry, pineapple, whatever fruit is in season.

17. You need to make sure you are getting your LEAFY greens in. Especially DARK leafy greens. Kale, purple, rainbow chard, turnip greens, and collard greens can all be eating raw (after being washed) with a little bit of practice. The first few days of trying to eat these raw are a little rough. I've done things such as wrapping up my kale in romaine lettuce to help with the taste. Now I just down the kale leaves by themselves.

Vegetables that are a lot easier to eat raw: romaine lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce, spinach, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms.

Eating vegetables raw I find makes life so much easier. I spend almost no time cooking (though that's because my mom cooks some type of meat each night for dinner and the next day) because all my food is pretty much raw. Not a raw foods diet but just keeping it simple.

:eek: you should cook your food dude

19. I like to get dark green romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes and make myself some feta topped greek salad. Can't go wrong with that and it only takes like 5 minutes if you get bottled greek salad dressing. Add some kalamata olives too if you're feeling fancy.

20. All the meats I eat are cooked. Beans are cooked. Rice is cooked. Vegetables are typically more nutrient-dense when they are uncooked although there are a few exceptions.