I need to do a speech for my class

Discussion in 'General' started by patio87, Oct 14, 2008.

1. I have to do a speech for my speech 101 class. It has to be about something abstract. I have to explain something abstract. To be honest I am not really sure what the teacher wants me to do. I was thinking about doing music, and the different feelings that can be generated from it, but I don't know. I need some help.

2. Interesting, I have never heard of that before. But I am looking for something more simple. We're not allowed to use note cards, and it's to be a 3-4 minute speech.

3. Are you in high school ???:confused:

4. You're taking Speech 101 out of high school ? If you're that far behind, good luck

5. that doesn't make him behind. i never took "speech writing" as a class...ever. sure we had to do reports and shit but college is def. a place to take a class on a specific topic, and a useful one, like speech writing.

my suggestion is instead of memorizing a speech you talk about something u know a lot about. the time will fly by. im surprised u can't use notecards. a good speech should be aided with at least a topic list so that everything is discussed.

you could discuss my halloween to girls theory :)

6. you should do something interesting like that newly discovered dark flow in the universe

7. Well I could do fly fishing? I was thinking I could talk about the culture, art, how trout are held in such high esteem, protection of environment. Do you think these are good abstract topics of fly fishing I could use?

8. yes. if u happen to write the speech post that fucker.
    "i majored in public speaking when i was in college and and the first thing they teach you is that you've got to be true to your self. And you are all about authority. The great speakers throughout history were not joke tellers. They were people of passion. So if you want to do well today, you got to do what they did. You've got to wave your arms and you've got to pound your fists. Many times. It's supposed to emphasize your point."