I need to be more positive.

Discussion in 'General' started by I I11MATIC I, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Alright guys,

So it's kinda hit me tonight that I'm negative as fuck all the time and need to be more positive, it's not that I'm unhappy or anything, I'm always talkative and laughing, but I'm just negative about everything.

For example, I don't want to progress at work, it's not hard and my manager is lining me up for his job, I'm in a pretty great working position for an 18 year old. But for some reason I just don't want to go anywhere with it, I find ways to avoid progression, I just don't care about how I do in exams etc, but I don't know why and I just can't seem to change it.

I'd just like some advice on the matter really, it effects just about every aspect of my life and I want it gone, everything's negative.

Thanks.

2. |  i11matic1975  |                 , there you go dude, now your always positive

3. I'm a really negative person and I work pretty hard internally to not automatically be negative and mad all the time.

The best advice I can give you is to take it I've thought at a time. When a negative thought comes, counter it with a positive thought.

Second, Hold yourself accountable. It's easy to give up and just simmer in your negativity but it's not worth it. Don't be lazy and stuck in the same negative mindset that you don't want to be in.

Third, Surround yourself with positivity. I LOVE Joel Osteen. He's a preacher so if you aren't Christian, it might be hard to listen to him but he doesn't just talk about God. He talks a lot about positivitu, your mindset and how you control you're in control of your mind and things like that.

I also love listening to poetry. There's a poet named Andrea Gibson who is fucking amazing. Shes really big into accepting who you are and loving yourself and forgiving yourself and those around you. She writes love poems. Love poems to others, her body, life, ect.

I would probably marry her if I could.

Anyway, those are a few tips. The main thing I would suggest is one thought at a time. Start from the smallest thought all the way up to the big thoughts.

Diffuse the negativity when its small so that its not this big huge mobster that you can't control if you let it just grow uncontrollably.

4. Blah. Of typos. Sorry.
    One should replace ive to say one thought at a time.

5. I don't understand man...

6. I have to work hard to not be mad all the time too, it's weird how some people just seem to be born negative or angry and others happy and positive!

One thought at a time, I'll try that! :)

7. Lol, its a math joke, anything in between | | is always positive   ,   | -7 | = 7 

8. Also, dont surround yourself with smut. No smut TV. No smut websites. I had to take a couple week break from the Internet to reset a whole ago.

Not everyone is on the path to positivity and there are a lot of mean and agry people in the world who just ooze negativity.

It's hard to be positive around them so it's best to just remove yourself from those situations.

9. But really though I know how you feel, just take things day to day, enjoy things daily, and find the things you like to do and do it

10. I'm really confused by the I -7 I but I understand your joke and it's cool, sorry I get so lost with numbers!

11. Joel is dope. I'm an atheist and I listen to this dude. He's inspiring and makes me feel confident for awhile

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

It's called absolute value. Anything inbetween the lines-->  | |   is positive. Like even if the number inside the lines is a negative number, because it's inside the lines it's automatically positive. So be inside the absolute value lines.

13. YES. Im so glad to hear that. Sometimes I will listen to his sermon on the way to work because he's so great.

Absolute Value

15. That's cool, thanks for explaining it to me!

It's 1am and I've already learnt something new today!

| i11matic |

16. Maybe you aren't doing what you really want and you're trying to stop yourself from heading in that direction

17. #17 aznno0odles, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    don't let your emotions run your actions.  your 18 and your in the real world now becoming like a man so think of it like that. think like one. if your going to get promoted, why would you not care? if your getting an expensive education OR cheap education, why would you go and fuck that up? easier said than done for sure. but if your parents were dead and it was just you to support yourself, no safety net, eating top ramen and rent coming up, would you act differently? just food for thought. it took me till now ( now 21) to figure this out. sometimes it takes bumping your head a couple times but eventually you'll get a grip.

on a lighter note, being more positive,.. that is always easier said than done. maybe quit getting stoned for awhile to get your mind set right so you can figure out what you need to do. maybe working out, maybe pursuing a hobby in your off time.. make plans for the weekend. for me, im going to try to communicate more even if it is just small talk with a stranger. going to try to eat healthy, get in shape. get my money right. try to do good deeds. need way more music in your life. going to try to quit getting high and drunk and try to find happiness elsewhere. maybe need to get a lady friend or a hooker :eek: ? just try to enjoy the simple things man, enjoy this shit. everyone's gotta work, and sure money isn't everything, but it sure does help. just have a balance in everything..man I am still trying to figure out the perfect balance myself and I have manic depression so persistence is key.

I already said it once, but never let your emotions run your actions, whether its your money, a girl, your job, your education, or just anything. you always have to think objectively and logically. what needs to get done and how am I going to get there? if I do or don't do this, what is going to be the outcome? get your paper up and get your valuable education. your 18 the whole worlds in your hand. you can save years of head ache and heart ache if you make man moves right now. sorry to ramble I just feel what your saying. you get the good with the bad and that's life. don't take it too seriously, everythings always changing. but don't take it like its a dream because before you know it you'll wake up 30 years old living check to check wondering how you got where you are.(time goes by faster when your older)
    ok im done

18. I need to be more positive, too. But fuck everything sucks sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. genius

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #20 DJSandaS, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    everyone has this slump in their life. they come and go, take it with a grain of salt. think of how lucky you are to be where you're at right now. smoke a bowl and say fuck the bullshit!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app