I need to apologize

Discussion in 'General' started by rwilliams, Oct 24, 2007.

1. I had been procrastinating for awhile, as my account has been unbanned for over a month now. Anyway, this was like 3 months ago, but I made some really ignorant, and blatently racist comments. At the time I didn't even realize I was being racist, I was just too caught up in my anger towards things in my past. I had been wrong done in the past by some black people, and I wanted to vent my anger. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I think I did say something like, "I feel stupid for trusting ******s". This is irrational thinking on my part. People are people. When I first got banned for making that post, I was still convinced the mods were being unfair, and I was really upset. I have a lot of black friends, how can I possibly be racist, right? Well, I showed the post to one of my black friends (probably my best friend), and he explained to me that the post was full of hate, and that he was offended that I would say that. This is when I realized my wrong doing, and I started to see things more clearly, and got me to realize how ignorant I was being. I owe everyone in gc who had to read that post an apology. I realize it's been 3 months, but it's still bothering me. I hope you guys can forgive me and accept my apology, and accept me back into the community.

2. Hey glad to see you back man.

[​IMG]

3. :) You did a good thing with this thread, rwilliams. Nicely done.

4. put old attitudes to the past, welcome back.

5. apologizing is a hard thing to do.

you did real good, well done!! :hello:

6. welcome back dude!

Now just don't do it again ;):smoke:

7. Hey man, it takes a big person to do what you did... Welcome back! :hello: :yay: :metal: