Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Need The Forum To Settle This Debate My Friend and I Are Having

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KenSPT, Apr 23, 2010.

1. This may sound like a stupid question, but I had an intense discussion about it with my buddy yesterday, so I wanted to bring it to the forum.

A few months ago I bought an O of Matanuska Tundra (which is awesome by the way, if you've never tried it). Last week I was down to my last few buds, so I called my guy and got another O of the same stuff.

I keep my weed in mason jars. I normally separate them by strain (one strain per jar). When I got home I took the new herb I just bought of Tundra and put it in the same mason jar with the last few buds. This caused my buddy to lecture me about how combining old buds with new buds damages the flavor.

My older buds, while drier than the stuff I just bought, are not dead dry. They're still really good and potent. But regardless of that, it sounds like a stupid comment, but he was adamant that he was right. I don't think he is, but I don't know for sure.

Thus, I turn to you. Does he have a valid point, or is he just spewing off at the mouth?

2. As long as it's not nasty dry or anything you will be fine, tell this dude remember it's just a flower you can mix them up. Never heard of the strain but it has a gnarly name so I can only imagine what it smokes like. If he thinks hes so right tell him to buy the bud off your hands so you can keep using that mason jar haha

3. #3 I blaze it, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    if say there was a old ass shwaggy half 8th and you added another half 8th of DANK into the same baggie then there probably would be flavour damage, but adding an O of dank buds into a mason jar with just a few older dank buds isn't really going to do anything noticable.

although it would have made sense to put the older buds at the top of the jar so you smoke them first.

4. If anything your older, dried buds will become rejuvenated, as the Moisture content of all the buds in the jar will average out over time (eg the dried buds will absorb moisture from the wetter ones)

If the new & old buds are the same strain (eg from the same mother) but not from the same batch, then your older buds might taste different as they've been Cured in a jar longer.

If the new & old buds are from the same batch, then a difference in taste is only going to be apparent if your dealer doesn't store his buds with the same care you do.

I highly doubt you could identify the older buds in your jar after a week, and there's natural taste variations in batches anyway.

Tell your friend he's being pedantic, and then smoke more cones. :bongin:

5. Sounds like an Alaskan thunderfuck varient. (The prefix Alaskan and Matanuska get interchanged alot by crafty marketers)

6. Your friend is wrong, just a myth he must have made up

Source: Myself, because I mix buds all the time in my jars and they taste just as dank.

7. Old Bud = x amount of Matanuska Tundra
    New Bud = y amount of Matanuska Tundra

Old Bud + New Bud = x+y amount of Matanuska Tundra

It's really as simple as that. They're the same strain so they roughly have the same cannabinoids, flavor and smell (I say 'roughly' as even two similar looking buds on the same plant are a little different from each other in terms of cannabinoids, flavor and smell) so it would be like having half a glass of water and then add water until it's full: what you get is more water in the glass.

In terms of dryness - well, there isn't one specific value of dryness among buds that are better than the others, only too dry or too moist - between those two are many levels of acceptable dryness, so if the old bud is still moist enough and the new bud is, then it'll all be moist enough..

The new bud might change slightly from being stored with the old bud, but the difference is so small that it would be easier to taste the difference between a glass of wine and another glass of the same wine, only a drop of water has been added..

8. The stronger of the two scents will take over. That's probably what he's talking about. The less fragrant bud will take on the smell of the more fragrant one... at least until they are separated and given some time in their own space again.

9. What about the old buds molding?

10. pictures please =)