I need spiritual help..Buddism?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Napalm209, Dec 5, 2010.

1. I dont know how else to put this, i am lost. I am so scared about what there is goin to be after you die. I just cant fathom "nothing" for the rest of time. I have had 3 panic attacks in the last week from just browsing these forums and looking at various threads in the spirituality and philosophy section. Honestly i think my life need something. and i was tryin to do research but it has been difficult with the millions of information on the internet so please if u know any book(preferably), sites, videos anything that will just help me, well idk if you would say convert but start practicing buddism, i would greatly appreciate any information or discussion about this as well.

2. #2 windchime159, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    Tao Te Ching

this is an amazing book , its the phyisical form of peace if you ask me

give it a read and try to relax

remember death cannot be if you are

so either you will live forever or there will be a point where death will no longer matter because you are

so relax , theres a trick to it though you just gotta learn to live with the now and be greatful and content

come what may leave what must [even if its you]

3. thank you veryy much. i will defintaly be giving this a read. what does the symbol in your signature mean by the way?

4. it means The Tao my friend , which means The Way

5. i dont exactly know what the meaning of that too much but im sure i will, as i read more of the book.

6. you will , keep in mind the book is only a finger that points to the moon , once you see what this book points to , make sure its THAT which you stare at

and goodluck with figuring things out , always remember peace comes from contentment

7. Research sheldan Nidle, Ekhart Tolle, and David Icke. That should be a good start :)

- peace, joy, love, and light

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk]YouTube - Science Saved My Soul.[/ame]

9. One of the main things I took away from Buddhism was that there is a buddha within each and everyone of us. Now whether or not you pursue the buddha within, or put on the orange robes on the outside, either way, how you see yourself to be is truley what it tries to teach. Just last night, I had seen a Buddhist monk who entered into the subway and proceeded to give warm-hearted 'namastes' to everyone he had the joy to see. Although he was frail and losing hair on his head, I could tell that this man, above all, was happy. If reading text does not satisfy your longing for peace, I would say switch up your diet for the betterment of your health. As humans, we can survive a month without food, three days without water and five minutes without air, but not a single moment without the will to move onwards.

10. Why do you need spiritual help? You are saying that you need spiritual help, therefore you are creating this need. You can also extinguish this need. Everything that you think and do is thought or done by you. You have had panic attacks because of the unknown, why? Why is the unknown so important, when you could focus on now?

11. #11 NetG, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    I would like to delve into why when you need help it must be "spiritual" or if not religious in nature? Let me explain;

I was raised a christian my whole life...but I have recently made some...well let's just say I was going to become agnostic. One thing I know is that no single religion is right...hell christianity is actually based on an earlier religion, and that religion is actually based on an even earlier one. They did nt even change he names of the old religions gods (Yahweh el shadai). Zoroastrian is the older religion.

Now, I have been watching a series called ancient aliens...it is some pretty out there stuff but it makes a lot of sense.

What I am getting at, and I may be projecting here, is you are scared because your intellect knows religions do not make sence...everyone of EVERY religion just KNOWS theirs is THE right one. ALL of them. But once you realise none of them are unique that they are all based on some previous superstitions they become absurd. Our religions are becoming more...scientific...not Scientology but the religions are removing miraculous things. We have faith healings (in EVERY religion) but no parting of waters or pillars of fire any more. Why? cause we are nit so easily fooled any more.

Am I agnostic or atheist man I am still working that out. Damn the bible even tells us that people who were not of god were healing and raising the dead...so how is Jesus so special? he was doing the same scams as all the other people (and we still fall for this crap today don't we). even in the old testament pharaohs priests did the same tricks as Moses. Not that you can prove he exists lol

so Buddhism may be a good life practice to take up, while it has a religious side Its emphasis is on living to be a good person that cares for other and everything. you cannot go wrong with that. I do not buy into the religious side of it but like all religions it wants you to be a good person

Do not underestimate humanity, but still do not get too big a head... we are at best a gnat in the grand cosmic scheme

but you do not NEED a god or some set rules of living to bring meaning to your life. You exist, you are sentient, that's pretty damn cool.

maybe some of that belongs in pandora's box section but you are dealing with the same thing I have been and we are pretty close in age too.

cours I may have just made you feel worse. I do not know how to tell you how to be at peace when your intellect and rational cannot accept the b.s. of religions...I am coming to terms with it...a good friend who dealt with his a bit ago told me "just givenit time to sink in more...in time I came to accept it and now it doesn't bother me"

for me my whole reason for existence, my ideas of the meaning if life and afterlife have been destroyed and that shook my world to my deepest core. but he shock is wearing off and the rational behind it all is taking hold

12. I 100% agree with first post. Tao Te Ching is the best book i have ever read and am planning on passing it on to friends , everyone needs to read it.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64M1HDVHAWg]YouTube - Alan Watts Consider Death Now[/ame]

continue to seek and you will find

the idea of nothingness after death will even sound good to you...

14. those seem like very interesting people but i need to research more.

u have no idea, well u might, but how hard this just hit me, this was truly deep nd i thank you for sharing.

that would be very inspiring to see that happen.

Well i wouldnt say i 'need' spiritual help its more of i want the help and i can see the teachings of buddism of helping me.
    honestly idk why i feel this way and have attacks, thats mainly why i started this thread cause im sure alot of other people had similiar feelings and have been helped through some way. And i think mainly why buddism stands out is because if im not mistaken, it teaches you to live in the present and be happy with what u have and thats just been hard for me but i have so much compared to other people.

man thats really spot on, i WAS christian for 15 years of my life, goin to church twice a week and it just dosent make sense. I think me and you are way to much alike mentally which is scary haha, but agian thats why i think buddism will help because of its living as a good wholesome person.

i am in the process of it right now.

subbed,bookmarked,bookmarked, and ill look at these more when i have time..

thank you for the words of wisdom.

15. If you're so worried about your fear of death that it's giving you panic attacks talk to a therapist about it.

Look into spirituality too if you want but don't do it through fear, that's how the descent into religion starts.

16. i dont really want to talk to a therapist about it tho, i just want to kind of do it on my own. And i dont want to necessarily call it panic attacks but its not a good feeling.

17. No-one wants to talk to a therapist, but if it's as bad as it sounds you probably should, they can help.

18. just out of curiosity did you talk to one?

19. So far I've never needed to, but I've known a fair few people who have, and some who should have.