I need something cheap for a veg/clone tent more info on why I'm asking in details below

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by noragrets24, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ok so ill try to keep it short I got a new tent coming in mail which will become my 2nd 12n12 flowering photoperiod tent and now I got a 3rd tent that's a little old but big enough to keep 4 mothers in veg state forever and enough storeroom to take clones from the mothers and veg them out however here's where it gets complicated I got lights using lots of power already so what would be a cheap way to veg but in doing so will provide just enough light to get the vegging clone/mothers on by. Any tips or advice is appreciated please let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. T5 lights work pretty well in veg and don't use much power. the bulbs are also cheep.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think just a few led lightbulbs should do fine for some clones or small vegging. I got some decent ones at the dollar store the other day that use 14watts. I have 7 mothers that I keep under about 15w of cobs and they do great, but I keep them short and bushy. I think about 30w per square foot with cheep leds is plenty for mothers and clones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. A couple of these strips on a 24 volt driver would work SolStix – SolStrip Photon Solutions
    Not the cheapest thing up front probably but an all around good choice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You need something cheap?

Look no further, this is my clone light I run 24/0

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wait you leave your clone light on 24 hours what about your mother plant you take the clones from what hours do you leave that on for I was planning to do mine at 18/6

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Mama usually goes outside.

8. A set of HLG QB132s or QB120s would be good and they're like $100-$130 a set(four boards) but you still need a driver.