Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need some serious help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thugnificent, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I live in mammoth lakes, California. A small ski town in the eastern sierras. Also one of the most old fasioned places in the country. Last year when I moved out I made a bad mistake. I didnt get my medical card, yet I chose to possess a lot of pot. Long story short my neighbor was an ex sherriff and called his buddies saying "he smelled growing marijuana..." my house was raided and I was charged with a felony even though I wasn't growing. I got a lawyer and he tried to traverse the warant but failed miserably. I was sentenced to 30 days in jail which is coming up soon and 3 years probation. He also tried to get my mmj card approved for probation but that was pretty much shot down with the exception that if I was able to see a neurorologist and have him reevaluate me saying I needed medical marijauna, I could use the card. I had tourettes when I was younger but havent been evaluated in about 8 years and severe anxiety which has been rediculously persistant since I started probation about 4 months ago. I have no health insurance. This county is so harsh that I dont know if I could ever recieve an early termination of probation. I can handle a year on formal but any more is unsurmountable for me not because I can't smoke (although it doesn't help) but because I cant handle the anxiety. MY question is where could I move in this state where I'd maybe have a better shot at getting my card approved, getting off early, or not being harassed by an asshole P.O. that threatens the shit out of me when I haven't done anything?

2. Move to la, youll probably get a gay p.o who smokes pot.

3. Any other ideas? i can't stand that place.

4. I dunno man, if not Cali then Oregon.

5. I think it makes a big difference where you are in cali, for instance im in an old west town full of red necks who hate people my age. What if I was in humboldt you know?

6. Ask around man, this is serious I sense.
    So better ask someone who really knows their shit.

Did you google information about counties laws n stuff?

7. yea I've done that, it seems like I may have to sacrafice skiing to live somewhere better but oh well i guess time to grow up.

8. haha well you can always drive for that

9. I don't think they take kindly to people on probation leaving the state.

10. you have to have a valid reason to move (like a job or family), then your probation is transferred.

11. Move to the Bay Area.

12. burn down the entire town

13. you should move to lake tahoe, california!! plenty of weed and smokers there! or sf bay area or LA. but tahoe obviously has skiing.

14. Come to the bay area in California!

15. thank you guys I really needed the imput. I think the bay area might be a good idea. I just want to get reduced probation as soon as possible so I can medicate again. Tahoe might be a good idea too.

16. "You had the option of getting a card since you needed it medically, why didn't you?" I think any P.O. would ask that...It really makes your case look bad. How much did they grab if you mind me asking that would definitely be a factor in this...Im in the system right now unfortunately...I could pretty much tell you exactly what will happen depending on how much weed you had.

17. I had 6 ounces, and I'm from the east coast so I figured since it was california it wasn't a big deal. They had all the evidence in the world on me. And everything has happened already. My P.O. says if I dont mess up in a year I could get a reduction of probation with the help of my lawyer.

18. The easiest state to get a recommendation in & you don't get it ?

19. yea i was pretty dumb

20. can't change whats already happened