Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Need some serious help, please read

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blaze518, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Ok, first off im 18 years old before any of those posts start rolling in, so here it is. me and my mom often get into arguements about her accepting me to smoke, whenever she says the stereotypical things i obviously tell her straight facts(she isnt totally anti.she grew up in the 80's, she did coke,lsd,etc..) but she still thinks im her "little baby" hah but she knows my older brother and sister smoke. so when we get into the convos about her accepting it she always says "i dont want your brain to get all fucked up" and i cant even awnser this when she sayd this, so idk what to say to that, everything else like it being laced,gateway drug, all of that shit i told her the straight facts, so please help me out with this one, she has caught me smoking 5+ times and doesent do anything but threaten to tell my dad, any advice?
    also she has many back pains and knee pains and i tell her to smoke that cheeba and she gives me the death stare. she said she would rather drink her beer and feel happy because it helps her sleep.(she drinks 4-5 beers a night but shes got a real big tolerence) i tell her beer is very bad for you but she thinks smoking weed "fucks with your brain". sorry for the big wall of text but i need help for this woman! haha

2. first of alcohol has been proven to cause brain damage along with other things I know you are aware of second why the hell should she care but sounds like your scared of your dad so just tell him before she does

3. Show her some well researched studies on medical cannabis, on the effects on brain cells and all that jazz. A simple Google search should produce these.

Know what you are talking about, you want to show her that you know what you are doing and are capable of making a decision like that. Show her that you smoke in a safe way (you're not out on the streets with gangs, not burning the house down, etc) and that she should not be worried.
    Explain the effects of cannabis (tell her you don't trip balls or want to murder people) Refer Madness has poisoned the mind of many people around that age.

Basically, just show her that you know what you are doing and that it is not nearly as bad as she thinks.
    You are 18 now, and able to make your own decisions. If she says he doesn't want it in her house, you should respect her wishes and only smoke outside of the house and never keep a bag/pipes at home.
    Talk it over with her, communication is the best thing in this case :)

4. thanks for the well written out reply, i will be sure to talk all of those points over with her, stay lifted:)

5. tell her to get up on this site and stick around for a bit to see that us stoners aint no dummies and that were actually intellectual good law abiding(except the obvious) citizens

6. You just need to show her that you know your stuff and that you are old enough to understand what you are doing. Show her that you have done your research fully. Also that MOST of these "facts" are pure misconceptions (again back this up with hard evidence).

Also, rather let her first accept the fact that you smoke. Only after then try to get her to smoke for her back pains. Trying to do both at once might result in failure.

Good luck buddy!

7. yea we aints no dummys. we says big intiligelectual words with many sblaballs.